Page 17 of 251 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 3763

Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,850
    I was watching the BBC yesterday and they managed to track down the guy that was McCain's keeper while he was in the POW camp.

    He backed McC as a person he would vote for in the election if he could.


    I wonder if McC's parole officer feels the same?

    ----------------

    Since I am the official Fashion Reporter for the Dog House....


    After MO's appearance on the Chickfest (The View) TV show, there was a report that people were looking to buy the same dress that she wore.

    First we have Puppy Voters, now we have Puppy Dressers!

    -----

    What was the fairy tale in where the newborns were kidnapped from the mothers?

    I feel a comedy piece coming on!

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    12,713

    Is anyone falling for this?

    So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?
    Baloney is usually some thing good to eat. This BO/HC crap has an expiration date long in the past.


    I always thought that paying women for 'favors' was against the law?
    I am shocked! Who said "politics make strange bedfellows"?
    ------------------

    Remember that HC "suspended" her campaign.

    -----------------


    I saw the best cartoon the other day....It showed a couple looking at cereal boxes in a store.

    They stopped in front of one that had some BO type slogans on the box.

    The punchline was "We read the label, but do not know what's inside. Let's buy this one!"

    ------------------

    I see the ROCK STAR made the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

    The headline said it all. It gave a perfect explanation of who this candidate is and will be.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

    Gosh! Has it EVER happened before in the history of politics when two candidates battled it out in the primary and then when one won -- the two presented a united front?

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,850
    I figured out the BO/Rolling Stone cover.

    When I saw it I couldn't figure it out...then it hit me.

    It the "JC on the cross, head tilt to the left".

    I started to laugh - I could see the editors at the mag getting the cover approved.

    He's not only a rock star, he's a god!

    ----------

    I read the article about Mc Cain's Vietnamese jailer, the one that took care of him during his Hanoi Hilton stay....


    He said the JM and all the rest of the POWs lied about being tortured.


    I knew we couldn't trust him.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    So now Hillary and Obama have supposedly begun presenting themselves as a united front after all of the negative talk during the primaries. Isn't it just a matter of 'you help me repay some of my campaign debt and we (HC and BC) will support you in return.' Am I the only one who thinks this united front is baloney? Isn't this just old fashioned bribery?

    Since they are both in the same political party, they must unite if
    the party is ever have a chance to put their ideas into positive changes
    that will advance this country. They ran the race to represent their party
    and now must concentrate on November.

    It's just good old American Politics. Just like it was in back in the old
    days of Jefferson or Lincoln.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  7. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Since they are both in the same political party, they must unite if
    the party is ever have a chance to put their ideas into positive changes
    that will advance this country. They ran the race to represent their party
    and now must concentrate on November.

    It's just good old American Politics. Just like it was in back in the old
    days of Jefferson or Lincoln.

    Do you mean...like this???? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23830268/

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,381
    Hey but if the republicans do it thats ok!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Since they are both in the same political party, they must unite if
    the party is ever have a chance to put their ideas into positive changes
    that will advance this country. They ran the race to represent their party
    and now must concentrate on November.

    It's just good old American Politics. Just like it was in back in the old
    days of Jefferson or Lincoln.
    I know they must, and they will, unite. I just had to chuckle to myself about the trade-off that is going on with the debt and the endorsement.

    Sorry folks (Sara and Caseysmom) you won't find me defending any party this go around. I find both candidates equally unacceptable. May just sit this election out...

    The big laugh would be McCain lining up with Romney after the way the two of them went at each other during the debates. Strange bedfellows indeed all around.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    20,665
    I can't figure out why Hillary expects Obama to pay HER campaign debt?
    Weird!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

    Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

    Frankie

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I can't figure out why Hillary expects Obama to pay HER campaign debt?
    Weird!!!
    In order for her and Hubby Bill to endorse him.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I know they must, and they will, unite. I just had to chuckle to myself about the trade-off that is going on with the debt and the endorsement.

    Sorry folks (Sara and Caseysmom) you won't find me defending any party this go around. I find both candidates equally unacceptable. May just sit this election out...

    The big laugh would be McCain lining up with Romney after the way the two of them went at each other during the debates. Strange bedfellows indeed all around.
    Then we will have to convince you to come over to our side! Come on look at how much better looking Obama is, do you really want to look at McCain for 4 years?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    The big laugh would be McCain lining up with Romney after the way the two of them went at each other during the debates. Strange bedfellows indeed all around.

    Now I know you don't read what I post Pam!

    The link is to an article about an appearance McCain and Romney made...

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    12,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Now I knw you don't read what I post Pam!

    The link is to an article about an appearance McCain and Romney made...
    I did read it, but there have been hints on TV and in the news lately that it would make a "good" republican ticket.

    Caseysmom, I hope you were kidding!

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I did read it, but there have been hints on TV and in the news lately that it would make a "good" republican ticket.

    Caseysmom, I hope you were kidding!

    Yes of course, just giving you a bad time. But that is how my 17 year old decides who she would vote for
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com