Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. #1981
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,799
    BO just walked out to promote his NEW AND IMPROVED, health care reform bill.

    He gets a bunch of people dressed up in hospital coats and scrubs.

    Like, do the props really help make his point and how much time does his staff waste on stupid crap like that?

    A few months ago his staff was busted for handing out doctor's coats during a news conference on health care.

    Sometime I suspect that his agenda is more "propish" with smoke and mirrors that it is of substance.

    Politics as theater.

    Interesting.

    ------------

    He's wasted a year trying to reform HC as if the world was going to end if it doesn't.

    Sheesh.

  2. #1982
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,380
    The world could end for some if they have no healthcare.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  3. #1983
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    BO just walked out to promote his NEW AND IMPROVED, health care reform bill.

    He gets a bunch of people dressed up in hospital coats and scrubs.

    Like, do the props really help make his point and how much time does his staff waste on stupid crap like that?

    A few months ago his staff was busted for handing out doctor's coats during a news conference on health care.

    Sometime I suspect that his agenda is more "propish" with smoke and mirrors that it is of substance.

    Politics as theater.

    Interesting.

    ------------

    He's wasted a year trying to reform HC as if the world was going to end if it doesn't.

    Sheesh.
    I guess being propish costs far less than what the real issue would cost if he serious enough to do something about it.
    Pollies are pollies mate, they are the same everywhere.


    "I'm Back !!"

  4. #1984
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,817
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    The world could end for some if they have no healthcare.


    How right you are.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  5. #1985
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,799
    The will end for all of us eventually.
    Matter of fact I don't plan on being here forever.

    At times, health care just makes matters worse, check it out.

  6. #1986
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The will end for all of us eventually.
    Matter of fact I don't plan on being here forever.

    At times, health care just makes matters worse, check it out.
    You may not be here forever Richard, but your poetry will be.
    In fact, we have your epitath already worked out.

    "Here Lies Richard
    The poet of PT
    Others would have sold them
    Richard gave them for free."

    RICHARD -------- 19-- to 20--
    Sadly Missed by Koko


    "I'm Back !!"

  7. #1987
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,799
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    You may not be here forever Richard, but your poetry will be.
    In fact, we have your epitath already worked out.

    "Here Lies Richard
    The poet of PT
    Others would have sold them
    Richard gave them for free."

    RICHARD -------- 19-- to 20--
    Sadly Missed by Koko
    Oh, the Humanity?

  8. #1988
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Oh, the Humanity?
    Humans ??? Where ??? Someone told me this was a pet site !!!


    "I'm Back !!"

  9. #1989
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    LOL

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030502974.html

    I love it when the lefty media tries to spin a turd.

    Sure, cuts taxes... Great idea.... But JUST LIKE BUSH DID, keep spending money that is not there.


    You'd think they are trying to bankrupt the country.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  10. #1990
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    LOL

    You'd think they are trying to bankrupt the country.
    Maybe thats the change they voted for.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  11. #1991
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

    History shows that Kensyian Economics (Government 'Stimulus') is only ever a very short term bump.

    It worked very well after WWII.

    ps. it's spelled " Keynesian" economics.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  12. #1992
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It worked very well after WWII.

    ps. it's spelled " Keynesian" economics.
    Im sure you mean "During" WWII.

    And it took you a week and a half to attack his spelling?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  13. #1993
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It worked very well after WWII.

    ps. it's spelled " Keynesian" economics.
    Ok.... Explain how. In as much detail as possible please. Source references would be nice... But not necessary.

    What Keynesian, pardon my spelling error, policies, enacted after WW2 'worked very well'?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

  14. #1994
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    24,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Ok.... Explain how. In as much detail as possible please. Source references would be nice... But not necessary.

    What Keynesian, pardon my spelling error, policies, enacted after WW2 'worked very well'?
    you say poh tay toe, I say po tah toe....can we call the whole thing off?

  15. #1995
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    you say poh tay toe, I say po tah toe....can we call the whole thing off?
    Well call em "spuds".
    And we make heaps of delicacies out of them....mash, baked, fries, pies, keynesian surprise.....the possibilities are endless.

    Yeah, can we throw the politics in the bin and have a spud fight instead ??
    Ok....here goes...."Australian spuds are better than American spuds !!!"
    Comments please !!!


    "I'm Back !!"

Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com