Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. #3406
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Perhaps you need a new pair of glasses, wom. FYI, all the recent MOH ceremonies have been live on TV here in the States - for anyone interested to view.

    I've seen them all, live and in HD. Very impressive with the other MOH recipients, and family members, present.
    No glasses needed.
    I have the choice to believe whatever branch of the media.


    "I'm Back !!"

  2. #3407
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Didn't you think there was something wrong when the youtube video didn't show anything from the actual ceremony?
    Nope.


    "I'm Back !!"

  3. #3408
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Nope.
    Good man.

    For the rest of you, this is completely in line with Obama's beliefs and values. Praise the ruling class on the backs of our warriors and workers.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  4. #3409
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,850
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Good man.

    For the rest of you, this is completely in line with Obama's beliefs and values. Praise the ruling class on the backs of our warriors and workers.
    What Values? I don't think there are any values left in D.C. The rich rule while the rest of us work our asses off to pay them for doing nothing & send our children off into harms way.

  5. #3410
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    What Values? I don't think there are any values left in D.C.
    Values ?? Naw....they just want the money.


    "I'm Back !!"

  6. #3411
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    20,608
    Please explain to me how Congress can possibly justify another break? Here we are, on the verge of another gov shutdown because the bozos can't get a budget together. They were gone the entire month of August. Now they are on another break with the gov to shut down on the 31st.

    What is it going to take to make them do their jobs? I don't understand how they can stand to look at themselves in the mirrors every day. Even if I had plenty to live on, I couldn't have peace with my self if I caused others undue hardships.

    I think first thing on the budget should be to eliminate all of Congresses paid 'breaks', and no pay raises for them until they can prove they earned them. And only then after there is a balanced budget. sheesh
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

    Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

    Frankie

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. #3412
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Litter Box, Greenville, SC
    Posts
    4,812
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It surprises me that anyone would take this at face value. By this time -- more than a year later -- there is more than enough proof that the people on the front two rows were SSgt. Giunta's family, previous Medal of Honor recipients and Secretary of Defense Gates. Didn't you think there was something wrong when the youtube video didn't show anything from the actual ceremony?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG-XA...eature=related
    Thanks for posting this.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Mr. Spunky, Samwise, Lady Jane, Bob, and Callie.





    RIP Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

  8. #3413
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,827
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Thanks for posting this.


    You're welcome. Always glad to spread truth & quash lies.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  9. #3414
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,827
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Please explain to me how Congress can possibly justify another break? Here we are, on the verge of another gov shutdown because the bozos can't get a budget together. They were gone the entire month of August. Now they are on another break with the gov to shut down on the 31st.

    I think it's a break for the Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah. Not a long
    break. I read something last night that hinted at a solution to this.
    Then the Gov budget would be ok till the middle of November.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  10. #3415
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    20,608
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I think it's a break for the Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah. Not a long
    break. I read something last night that hinted at a solution to this.
    Then the Gov budget would be ok till the middle of November.
    First time I ever heard of them celebrating Rosh Hashanah. It's not a government holiday that I know of. If they celebrate everyone's religious holidays, they will never get anything done. Wait, they don't get any thing done any way.
    Party on congress.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

    Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

    Frankie

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  11. #3416
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    You're welcome. Always glad to spread truth & quash lies.
    Are you a member of Attack Watch? Fighting lies with more lies and smears? The video you posted did not in any way invalidate the claims made in the video Wom posted. I have never seen a POTUS look more disgusted during a MOD presentation, maybe he thought his time would be better spent campaigning.

    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I think it's a break for the Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah. Not a long
    break. I read something last night that hinted at a solution to this.
    Then the Gov budget would be ok till the middle of November.
    Any excuse to waste more of the citizens time and money.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  12. #3417
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,827
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    First time I ever heard of them celebrating Rosh Hashanah. It's not a government holiday that I know of. If they celebrate everyone's religious holidays, they will never get anything done. Wait, they don't get any thing done any way.
    Party on congress.

    Hardee har har.

    Well, they shutdown for Christmas too & not everyone is Christian. Who
    knows what qualifies any more.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

  13. #3418
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Are you a member of Attack Watch? Fighting lies with more lies and smears? The video you posted did not in any way invalidate the claims made in the video Wom posted. I have never seen a POTUS look more disgusted during a MOD presentation, maybe he thought his time would be better spent campaigning.
    Hee hee......I'm pretty sure our armchair politician wouldn't know up from down, let alone truth from lies.
    I found it exhilarating to post that original Youtube.....it sort of cuts through the thoughts of those who think like sheep.


    "I'm Back !!"

  14. #3419
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Well, they shutdown for Christmas too & not everyone is Christian. Who
    knows what qualifies any more.
    I do. Maybe you should read a book.


    "I'm Back !!"

  15. #3420
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA - USA
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    I do. Maybe you should read a book.
    That would require effort.

    Besides, what else matters than CNN and MSNBC? MSNBC was good enough to tell us the AP is "racist" for relating a speech as it was spoken. Who is the racist again?


    But, in the end there is no need to bother with those who are not willing to do their own homework. They are the minority and frankly are not deserving of their birthright of liberty.

    But we will bring them along anyway.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

    - Homer Simpson


    "If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

    - Sun Tzu - Art of War

Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com