Thread: Politics and religion.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Is that why we are fighting in Iraq,& Afghanistan? Our country has been either fighting or shelling out money & weapons for decades to our favorite rulers/dictators. It would be nice if we had people who want to lead & not rule in our own country.
    I could not begin to answer why we are fighting in Iraq especially. Some Freudian complex I believe.

    I hope this time we will recognize the difference between being lead and being ruled and make the right choice.

  2. #2912
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I could not begin to answer why we are fighting in Iraq especially. Some Freudian complex I believe.

    I hope this time we will recognize the difference between being lead and being ruled and make the right choice.
    Being led, following by choice.

    Being ruled, being forced to follow.

    Any questions?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

    Any questions?
    Indeed...aren't the 15 minutes up?

  4. #2914
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Indeed...aren't the 15 minutes up?
    So the truce is up?

    How does Karen feel about this?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  5. #2915
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    37,109
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    So the truce is up?

    How does Karen feel about this?
    How do I feel about what? Just remain civil toward each other, no name-calling and remember we are all here because we love pets. Everything else we can disagree about, as long as we remain civil and respectful.
    I've Been Frosted

  6. #2916
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    How do I feel about what? Just remain civil toward each other, no name-calling and remember we are all here because we love pets. Everything else we can disagree about, as long as we remain civil and respectful.
    Having Sarah wonder how I feel about the Palin "girls" is over the line.

    So if Sarah feels the truce is off you might as well ban us both right now.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  7. #2917
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,882
    Blog Entries
    3
    You have the far left & you have the far right. But somewhere in the middle is common sense.

  8. #2918
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    You have the far left & you have the far right. But somewhere in the middle is common sense.
    Problem is there arent many center lefties any more. They call themselves center but they are far to the left of center. The upshoot is they are closer to sane then the far lefties. The rightie centrist are closer to center then the leftie centrists but still isnt center.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  9. #2919
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Problem is there arent many center lefties any more. They call themselves center but they are far to the left of center. The upshoot is they are closer to sane then the far lefties. The rightie centrist are closer to center then the leftie centrists but still isnt center.
    So if someone stands on their head back to front, are they left or right or upside down backwards ????

  10. #2920
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Seward's Folly, AK
    Posts
    3,683
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    So if someone stands on their head back to front, are they left or right or upside down backwards ????
    Are they looking into a mirror thats facing a mirror?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!



    My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

  11. #2921
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Are they looking into a mirror thats facing a mirror?
    Only the right off center people.
    The center off left people would be right of the mirror, and can't see left.

  12. #2922
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,850
    If somebody goes far enough to the right, don't they eventually become left?
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

    Eleanor Roosevelt

  13. #2923
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If somebody goes far enough to the right, don't they eventually become left?
    Left behind, perhaps

  14. #2924
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,564
    Time for some happy political news -

    From CNN -

    U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords, recovering from a gunshot wound to the head sustained January 8, is regaining part of her ability to speak, her spokesman said Wednesday.

    C.J. Karamargin would not divulge what Giffords has said, other than saying she asked for toast.

    "It's very good news," he told CNN.
    And from the same source -

    Mark Kelly told reporters on Friday that he expects Giffords to witness Endeavour's launch, scheduled for April 19. With NASA planning to retire the shuttle fleet, this is expected to be Endeavour's last mission.

    "I have every intention for her to be at the launch," Kelly said.

  15. #2925
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If somebody goes far enough to the right, don't they eventually become left?
    If blue wandered too far right, he'd fall into a crevasse, and then he'd be left.

Similar Threads

  1. Illinois Politics
    By Puckstop31 in forum Dog House
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
  2. My kind of politics!
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM
  3. I hate politics!
    By Miranda_Rae in forum Dog House
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 11:31 PM
  4. Foreign Politics.
    By RICHARD in forum Dog House
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:28 PM
  5. politics (richard!)
    By leslie flenner in forum Dog House
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 03:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com