Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Cream Social Thursday #649

Ice Cream Social Thursday #649

We hadn't had an ICS Thursday in a while......I want my black walnut Ice Cream - in a rootbeer float.

Done!!!!!

Dunno if they would work on a sundae, but there were seedless red grapes on sale, so this time of year, I pop them in the freezer for a treat! Anyone want some?

Feeling rather sad, with the week's losses - first dear Pinot's Mom (Maggie) and then momcat (Eileen), So let's raise a toast to them, please.
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, a toast to Maggie and Eileen. Two wonderful, beloved members of the Pet Talk family.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Catnip tea for the kitties, and cookies for the humans? I need to bake something for the church picnic, dunno what to make yet ...
    I've Been Frosted

Cali will take some catnip tea, Diego is napping. I think a round of floats would be awesome. Cream soda and vanilla ice cream! Feel like a kid again!!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (eight year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

Okay, and I made peanut butter cookies - using crunchy peanut butter (the good stuff that is 90% peanuts instead of sugar) and added in some cinnamon. There are leftovers, so anyone want some?

We ended up having the "picnic" indoors - no thunderstorms, but high gusting winds made having in the park a bad idea!
    I've Been Frosted

I would like a rootbeer float please. It's hot and muggy here. That would really hit the spot.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think in memory of all who perished in the senseless tragedy in Orlando, rainbow sherbet is in order for this social - and some good dance music.
    I've Been Frosted

It's hot and sticky in Chicago again today, so I'm drinking iced tea. I had a different physical therapist today and he gave me new exercises for my hip muscles, so I am stiff and sore from doing them. I understand why he gave them to me, and I think they will help a lot. So, iced tea and some acetaminophen for me.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

[QUOTE=Karen;2539359]I think in memory of all who perished in the senseless tragedy in Orlando, rainbow sherbet is in order for this social - and some good dance music.[ I agree, Karen. And also prayers and thoughts to those who were badly injured thougthless crime. I'll serve!!

[QUOTE=david p;2539443][QUOTE=Karen;2539359]I think in memory of all who perished in the senseless tragedy in Orlando, rainbow sherbet is in order for this social - and some good dance music.[ I agree, Karen. And also prayers and thoughts to those who were badly injured in that thougthless crime. I'll serve the sherbet!

U S Open at Oakmont

It's great to have the Open in almost my old back yard! It's a very challenging course which I think they make tougher every time they have the tourney here.

Hi everyone,
    Sorry to be MIA for a while.

I have to get my stuff together and my chin up.

I forgot about rainbow sherbet! That's a great idea! (getting out cones and spoons, in case anyone would like it in a cup)
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks, david! Glad to see you here! Now, when you watch golf on tv, do you critique the greens as they play?
    I've Been Frosted