Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Look up in the sky, Thursday #642.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    25,510

    Look up in the sky, Thursday #642.

    I woke up this morning and the Weather Channel said it was Look up in the Sky Day.

    I thought what a neat idea, but there was nothing in the sky except the sun, so tonight I'll take a peek outside.

    The back lawn is mowed, tomorrow I'll tackle the deck - we can fire up the fire pit, make 'smores and stay up all night long!

    Hot water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, slushies - we haven't had slushies in a while?

    Done

  2. #2
    Mowed? What's this "mowed" you refer to?

    I'm going to stick with the hot stuff to drink, a little nippy out to be drinking slushies.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    25,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Mowed? What's this "mowed" you refer to?

    I'm going to stick with the hot stuff to drink, a little nippy out to be drinking slushies.
    Mown?

    LOL, what are you doing commenting on gardening, in the middle of the night?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    27,205
    I heard on the news that today (Friday) is Boston Marathon remembrance day, 3 years ago today. I'm drinking diet Coke and here is a toast to the strength of everyone from that day and the city of Boston. And a prayer for peace and safety.

    Thank you,
    Elyse
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

    Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

    "When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

    "That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas


    Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    25,510
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I heard on the news that today (Friday) is Boston Marathon remembrance day, 3 years ago today. I'm drinking diet Coke and here is a toast to the strength of everyone from that day and the city of Boston. And a prayer for peace and safety.

    Thank you,
    Elyse
    Not being from MA, I sat and said to myself, Did they cancel the race this year?

    Then I remembered that - is it Founder's Day? - is always on a MONDAY............

    Three years......I saw some of the victims returned to the site and thought about how great the people or our country and communities are. No matter what the crisis is or involves, we always seem to rise above and carry on.

    We also remember.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    If you lie to the government, it's a felony. When the government lies to us? That's POLITICS!!

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Belmont, MA, USA
    Posts
    40,084
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Not being from MA, I sat and said to myself, Did they cancel the race this year?

    Then I remembered that - is it Founder's Day? - is always on a MONDAY............

    Three years......I saw some of the victims returned to the site and thought about how great the people or our country and communities are. No matter what the crisis is or involves, we always seem to rise above and carry on.

    We also remember.....
    Friday, April 15th, was the third anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings. That date will not change. Each year it has been declared One Boston Day, and people are encouraged to do community service and honor those survivors, the first responders, and remember the victims and their families.

    The Marathon itself is held on Patriot's Day, which this year actually falls on April 18th, the date of the "Shot heard 'round the World" as every child who ever memorized the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem remembers ...

    Listen my children and you shall hear
    Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
    On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
    Hardly a man is now alive
    Who remembers that famous day and year.
    That is what Patriot's Day commemorates, the opening shots of the Revolution, which went on to form the nation we live in today.
    I've Been Frosted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Belmont, MA, USA
    Posts
    40,084
    Tea and toast with peach jam anyone?
    I've Been Frosted

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kentucky, LAND OF THE EASILY AMUSED
    Posts
    25,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Friday, April 15th, was the third anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings. That date will not change. Each year it has been declared One Boston Day, and people are encouraged to do community service and honor those survivors, the first responders, and remember the victims and their families.

    The Marathon itself is held on Patriot's Day, which this year actually falls on April 18th, the date of the "Shot heard 'round the World" as every child who ever memorized the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem remembers ...



    That is what Patriot's Day commemorates, the opening shots of the Revolution, which went on to form the nation we live in today.
    LOL, Strike One and Strike Two. Where did I get Founder's Day..
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

    If you lie to the government, it's a felony. When the government lies to us? That's POLITICS!!

    No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Belmont, MA, USA
    Posts
    40,084
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL, Strike One and Strike Two. Where did I get Founder's Day..
    Dunno, that's what my hometown celebrates some summers, a holiday they invented when I was in college, I think!
    I've Been Frosted

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com