Thread: Can gerbils catch colds?

Can gerbils catch colds?

I have a question, can gerbils catch colds from humans? I just got over one then i related him not moving much to his weight but now it seems that he had a cold.
    Collin
    Little Bit died the morning of May 14, 2008 of old age. Bye Little Bit, you will always be missed. Memorial thread
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain
    He whom sacrifices freedom for a measure of security deserves neither. - Benjamin Franklin
    Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. - crow_noir
    My Website | Save Net Neutrality

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER

Explain his symptoms better, please.
    I'm not too experienced with Gerbils, so I'll relate it to rats. They are fairly similar, afterall. I haven't heard of rats catching the typical strains of the cold from humans, but they can catch a few other strains of bacterial illnesses. Still, take precautions and in further cases of handling your gerbil while you are sick and be very sanitary (wash your hands & such). However, since rats can get pneumonia, I'm sure Gerbils can. Along with URIs. Both can appear like the rodent has a "cold".
    Either way, I'm sure you expected us all to say this, but I advise you take him to a vet.
    Good luck.

I very much expected it. He has gotten over it, he was sneezing and kinda not active but now hes better. It only lasted for a few days. He had all the typical symptoms of human colds, sneezing, aching (symbolized by his squeaks), etc.
    Collin
    Little Bit died the morning of May 14, 2008 of old age. Bye Little Bit, you will always be missed. Memorial thread
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. - Mark Twain
    He whom sacrifices freedom for a measure of security deserves neither. - Benjamin Franklin
    Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. - crow_noir
    My Website | Save Net Neutrality

By the way, Blue...
    MY SIG IS BIGGER