Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 131

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Ploss's Halfway House for Homeless Cats
    Posts
    18,317
    Your cats are gorgeous!!

    The TICA judges have determined that Maya Linn, found in a dumpster at the airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico with her mama and brother, is a Seal Lynx Point Torbie with white.


    Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

    DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

  2. #17

    WOW...finely found what breed our cat is....

    G'day
    OMG! so exicted.... we have a cat that looks like this and we have been trying to find out what breed she is.... and finely i Googled gray and white siamese cats and saw a picture that looks like ours and it bought me to this forum. so i have joined up.. yay


    Just have to say that everyone's cats on here are beautiful. and when i can post pictures i will put up a few our little miss princess (thinks she is) her name is Sakura and i got her from a house as a give away for free,for my husband.


    anyway i will be back to look and chat another day...

    just so excited that i have finely found out what breed our cat is....

    Cheers Jean

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2

    3 y.o. Cooper

    My Lynx Point Siamese, Cooper--


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    27,651
    Welcome to PT jmking. Cooper sure is a gorgeous cat. I've never seen a lynx point siamese with such a beautiful marbled looking coat before.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.


    My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2

    Cooper

    Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)
    Last edited by jmking; 11-27-2008 at 12:07 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

    We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

    When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

    thanks

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmking View Post
    Thanks, he definitely shows more of the tabby side of the breed than most Lynx Pts. I've seen, down to the spotted belly. He's a very good natured cat, and pretty rambunctious! He was a rescue cat from a local animal hospital, his previous owners couldn't afford the urinary tract surgery he needed. Here is another pic of him a few weeks after surgery (the fur on his front legs and right side of his neck hadn't fully grown back in yet, from where the IVs were hooked up)

    He is gorgeous! I love his dark stripes!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Deep-N-Heart of Tx && My Babie's Hearts
    Posts
    15,558
    Awwweee yes your babies are so Adorable..

    ~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

    [[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    27,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pwned_by_cats View Post
    We have a cat we beleive to be a lynx point/blue point mix. here is a rare photo of her:
    She is so active and curious that is is hard to get pictures of her.

    We had a cat years ago that looked almost exactly like this one. THAT cat was absolutely bonkers. Shy, but the bizarre things she did to entertain herself made us think she was a biscuit short of a dozen. This kitten was very calm and out going and a dream...and suddenly she is crazy as well. Still outgoing and very friendly, but oh the things she does! Are all lynx points nuts? Is it a personality trait? Oh she also is our "medicine cat" and has a knack for knowing when one of us (or the other cats) needs some extra love. She has gone so far as to lick and groom an injury that isnt obvious...got a headache, she will lick you head. Nose stuffy? Yep she is sure to lick your nose. All while purring very very loudly and rubbing all over you. It's quite interesting.

    When she first came into our home, she literally made herself at home. It was as if she had always been here and greeted each of our cats as if they were her long lost best friends. Even gave our dog an "I'm in charge now" swipe to the nose and turned her back and walked away. No fear at all. She was named Gracie as a joke because she is definitely not graceful...she falls off of windowsills and such and lacks cat grace for sure. But we have since dubbed her Crazy because it definitely fits her. Anyhow, just looking for more info on her "true" colors and personality traits.

    thanks
    Welcome to PT. Yes, she's definitely a lynx point siamese. My Pearl is a very active girl and almost always on the go. She used to cuddle with my cat Storm,who is the alpha cat,when she was a kitten so she was much more independent then. Now she rarely cuddles with him and they seem to hate each other at times. She's now a big mama's girl and has to be with me when I'm using the bathroom sink or using the shower or toilet. She also loves to sit in my kitchen sink and drink from the faucet.

    She loves to play with the tiny furry mice and will sometimes play fetch with me like a dog. She's also obsessed with straws and goes crazy when she sees one. She's a very intelligent cat and also a very loving and nuturing cat. She loves to try to clean all of the other cats bottoms like she's their mother. I think that she'll become the new alpha cat some day when Storm becomes very old, too weak, or has passed on. She's about 8lbs and tiny compared to my other cats but she has a huge voice and loves to chat with me.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.


    My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm

  10. #25
    My cat looks like the pictures you all have posted... except she has white mittens on her front paws and white sock on the back. Is she some sort of Lynx Point cross? Or does this happen in a Lynx Point? I've never had a name for what breed she might be until today! (she was dropped off in a box with her sister when they were about 6 weeks old at an office I used to work at. now she's 6 YEARS old. )

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    27,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigantine View Post
    My cat looks like the pictures you all have posted... except she has white mittens on her front paws and white sock on the back. Is she some sort of Lynx Point cross? Or does this happen in a Lynx Point? I've never had a name for what breed she might be until today! (she was dropped off in a box with her sister when they were about 6 weeks old at an office I used to work at. now she's 6 YEARS old. )
    Do you have any pictures of her that you could post here for us? She could be a mixture of a few different cat breeds. I think that Lynx Points typically have the tabby markings on all four of their paws.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.


    My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm

  12. #27
    (not sure how to do pictures, just attach a file from the computer?)

    Here is our 'pretty Princess', Sinjun:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #28
    found another picture that really showed her markings:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    27,651
    She's so pretty. My guess is she's some kind of a siamese mix. She does look similar to a lynx point except for her cute white paws. Maybe she has some Snowshoe in her.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.


    My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm

  15. #30
    Thanks!!

Similar Threads

  1. Flame Point Siamese Manx
    By bsbawden in forum Cat General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
  2. Riku - Lynx Point Siamese mix
    By JMCsGirl in forum Cat General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM
  4. Lynx
    By Glacier in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
  5. seal-point Siamese searching........
    By L. Wayne in forum Cat Rescue
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 08:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com