Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 355

Thread: Our PT joke thread

  1. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Can I beat the dead horse just a tiny more. You are welcome to your values & beliefs we all have them. This place it is called Our PT jokes thread that means all kinds of Jokes. Jokes are jokes you can take them or leave them. Now for me it is trying to remember them

    There is a huge difference between laughing WITH someone and laughing AT someone . And if you choose to laugh at yourself and make fun of yourself on a forum then that is up to you, you are not laughing AT anyone.
    Laughing in the privacy of a nursing home WITH an afflicted person is giving them companionship and attention. But to drag it on a pet forum of all places still reflects thoughtlessness, and cruelty. But like was mentioned - why beat a dead horse when a dead brain will never catch on to the difference.
    Asiel

    I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

    I've been Boo'd----

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,222
    That's what I get for feeding the trolls....Asiel and Pomtzu. Although Pom and I can exchange good stuff too.

    My fault.

    And Asiel, you are right - there isn't an argument. It's an attack - by you.

    I honestly wonder if there is anything that makes you smile or laugh.
    "To begin, begin." ~William Wordsworth

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    That's what I get for feeding the trolls....Asiel and Pomtzu. Although Pom and I can exchange good stuff too.

    My fault.

    And Asiel, you are right - there isn't an argument. It's an attack - by you.

    I honestly wonder if there is anything that makes you smile or laugh.
    I really don't appreciate being referred to as a troll - even if you did soften it some. That's a word that Karen DOES NOT tolerate here.
    There's really no argument or attack by either Asiel or myself. It's just that we apparently feel the same way. Maybe it's our age and the way we were raised - an old fashioned way with old fashioned parents who taught us to respect all people. It's obvious that we both view the posting of this "joke" as distasteful and inappropriate. And yes - I agree there is a huge difference between laughing WITH and laughing AT. Perhaps I feel so strongly about this because I have seen many times over, what cruel remarks and ridicule and "jokes" can do to people. It definitely is a sore spot with me.........


    ETA: I stand corrected. It was I who "attacked" when I referenced past cruel remarks made by the poster of the "joke". The leopard hasn't changed her spots.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 04-24-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Can I beat the dead horse just a tiny more. You are welcome to your values & beliefs we all have them. This place it is called Our PT jokes thread that means all kinds of Jokes. Jokes are jokes you can take them or leave them. Now for me it is trying to remember them
    I made my comment when this is posted in general, now I could care less because I don't normally go to the joke thread in the dog house. Karen moved it where it belonged, in the dog house.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  5. #260
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,569
    Mechanics

    A motorcycle mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Harley-Davidson when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.

    The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"

    The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where
    the mechanic was working on the motorcycle.

    The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag
    and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine.

    I opened its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and
    then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new.

    "So how come I make $39,675 a year and you make $1,695,000
    when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

    The cardiologist paused, leaned over, and then whispered
    to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    That's what I get for feeding the trolls....Asiel and Pomtzu. Although Pom and I can exchange good stuff too.

    My fault.

    And Asiel, you are right - there isn't an argument. It's an attack - by you.

    I honestly wonder if there is anything that makes you smile or laugh.

    I know a joke that will keep me laughing till I draw my last breath even if I was the butt of this joke "Will the REAL Candice Carney please stand up?"
    Yep, now I'm laughing hysterically.
    Of course when you stop acting like a preacher I might start laughing too.
    Asiel

    I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

    I've been Boo'd----

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Can I beat the dead horse just a tiny more. You are welcome to your values & beliefs we all have them. This place it is called Our PT jokes thread that means all kinds of Jokes. Jokes are jokes you can take them or leave them. Now for me it is trying to remember them
    Right on old mate.
    The joke thread is for JOKES....take em or leave em.


    "I'm Back !!"

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,222
    Which inspires a spelling joke:

    Q: What ten letter word starts with g-a-s?

    A: Automobile.
    "To begin, begin." ~William Wordsworth

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Which inspires a spelling joke:

    Q: What ten letter word starts with g-a-s?

    A: Automobile.
    OMG Candace !!! That is CRASS !!!!!
    Tell me...are you posting a joke ABOUT my automobile ?? Or about YOUR automobile ??? Either way, I am deeply offended by your audacity to joke about such a subject. Maybe I'm over sensitive or something.
    I must remind you, that this is a pet forum, and as such, jokes about MY automobile are not received well.
    I'm going to my room now.


    "I'm Back !!"

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    OMG Candace !!! That is CRASS !!!!!
    Tell me...are you posting a joke ABOUT my automobile ?? Or about YOUR automobile ??? Either way, I am deeply offended by your audacity to joke about such a subject. Maybe I'm over sensitive or something.
    I must remind you, that this is a pet forum, and as such, jokes about MY automobile are not received well.
    I'm going to my room now.
    Oh please.
    Sarcasm is my expertise - not yours..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,897
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    OMG Candace !!! That is CRASS !!!!!
    Tell me...are you posting a joke ABOUT my automobile ?? Or about YOUR automobile ??? Either way, I am deeply offended by your audacity to joke about such a subject. Maybe I'm over sensitive or something.
    I must remind you, that this is a pet forum, and as such, jokes about MY automobile are not received well.
    I'm going to my room now.
    I bare to differ here. Wombat, If you didn't drive such a piece of junk in the first place & if you would of taken care of it, it would not be a piece of junk now. So go to your room an sulk like a sissy boy.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I bare to differ here. Wombat, If you didn't drive such a piece of junk in the first place & if you would of taken care of it, it would not be a piece of junk now. So go to your room an sulk like a sissy boy.
    Bonny - it's Tuesday morning! Aren't you supposed to be shopping??? - or something........

    You'd better be careful - are you sure you want to "bare" yourself in front of Wom???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

    Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

    To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern cyberspace
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    OMG Candace !!! That is CRASS !!!!!
    Tell me...are you posting a joke ABOUT my automobile ?? Or about YOUR automobile ??? Either way, I am deeply offended by your audacity to joke about such a subject. Maybe I'm over sensitive or something.
    I must remind you, that this is a pet forum, and as such, jokes about MY automobile are not received well.
    I'm going to my room now.



    “When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.”

    Did you bring roses to the stage too?
    Asiel

    I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

    I've been Boo'd----

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,897
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Bonny - it's Tuesday morning! Aren't you supposed to be shopping??? - or something........

    You'd better be careful - are you sure you want to "bare" yourself in front of Wom???
    Yup! Got up at 4:30 and have been going full steam ever since. Made it to the store & if Wombat can dish it out he can take it & so can I. He will come up with something smart & sassy to say.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    indianapolis,indiana usa
    Posts
    22,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Mechanics

    A motorcycle mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Harley-Davidson when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.

    The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"

    The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where
    the mechanic was working on the motorcycle.

    The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag
    and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine.

    I opened its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and
    then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new.

    "So how come I make $39,675 a year and you make $1,695,000
    when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

    The cardiologist paused, leaned over, and then whispered
    to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."

    LOL I love it.
    I've Been Boo'd

    I've been Frosted






    Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

    Eleanor Roosevelt

Similar Threads

  1. Cat Joke Thread.
    By RICHARD in forum Cat General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
  2. joke thread
    By popcornbird in forum General
    Replies: 1288
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
  3. how about a joke thread... (?)
    By beeniesmom in forum Dog House
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:53 AM
  4. ANIMAL Joke thread
    By Randi in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 09:58 AM
  5. ~*~ Joke Thread ~*~
    By ILoveMyAbbyGirl in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com