Thread: Where did Spring go? Thursday #641

Where did Spring go? Thursday #641

I can't believe the weather changes.

All the games that were cancelled, snow on the ground and MORE rain on the way!

I made bread - nothing like a warm piece, fresh out of the oven.....I hope it goes along with the Mayor's mystery recipe!

I'll get some towels for MOFF - fresh out of the dryer and light the fireplace - may as well get a few more uses out of it before we have to start making fires outdoors.

I want lima beans and ham......

Done?

Warm bread with lots of butter and a cup of tea sounds like just the thing. We are under severe thunderstorm watch until the wee hours of the morning. I would rather eat than watch for storms. Not much I can do about them except stay inside.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Yeah, the mystery experiment was a dud. But we can get some stew going, who will help peel carrots, chop onions ...
    I've Been Frosted

Raises hand - I'll peel the carrots!!

Lovely day today, should get up to 20C.

Still looking for a job, been 9 months.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (eight year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

I'll peel the onion and chop celery!!

MOFF,
    Doris and I (we shouldn't joke about this but you have to laugh sometimes) have turned the "shelter in place" warnings as a catch-all excuse for not doing anything/being lazy. We look at each other and say something stupid like, "We need to shelter in place today....."

QoP,
    I was talking to an old friend who lost her job and was feeling down, I told her to cheer up and have faith, things were going to work out. I told her to have a positive attitude and things would turn around. That week a friend called her and told her about a position she'd be good for and she had a job to go to the following Monday.....Ready? THINK POSITIVE, THINGS ARE GOING TO WORK OUT.........

Karen,
    Tucker-dog loves EVERY meal that comes thru the kitchen....good, bad, indifferent!!

DONE???

Excellent, got the meat browning in the skillet, will add the onions to that, some garlic, and ....
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Excellent, got the meat browning in the skillet, will add the onions to that, some garlic, and ....
    I'll stir, go have a seat.....hot water for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I'll peel the onion and chop celery!!

MOFF,
    Doris and I (we shouldn't joke about this but you have to laugh sometimes) have turned the "shelter in place" warnings as a catch-all excuse for not doing anything/being lazy. We look at each other and say something stupid like, "We need to shelter in place today....."

QoP,
    I was talking to an old friend who lost her job and was feeling down, I told her to cheer up and have faith, things were going to work out. I told her to have a positive attitude and things would turn around. That week a friend called her and told her about a position she'd be good for and she had a job to go to the following Monday.....Ready? THINK POSITIVE, THINGS ARE GOING TO WORK OUT.........

Karen,
    Tucker-dog loves EVERY meal that comes thru the kitchen....good, bad, indifferent!!

DONE???
    Thanks Richard. I've posted that affirmation on my bathroom mirror.

I'll have a tea, looks like we've got rain approaching.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (eight year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

Where did spring go?

It was here, briefly, Tuesday morning.

It started out with snow, then shifted to semi-warm sunshine, then rain. We got three out of the four seasons in one morning. We're lucky that way here in New York.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

We've had two consecutive sunny days here in Chicagoland! It's supposed to be (dare I say it) nice out over the weekend.

*setting out a pot for beans and ham*
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We are in for a string of days in the 70s. So nice to see the sunshine and not need a jacket when outside. I would love some iced tea.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!