Thread: Big Game Thursday #677!!!

Blog Entries

Big Game Thursday #677!!!

It's time for the BIG GAME on Sunday.

The Atlantas against the New Englands......

Pull up a sit and prepare to party!!!

BBQ on.

Whatever you like.

Chips, dips and to start off?

A breakfast buffet.

Done.

I'm drinking diet ginger ale because I've cut back on my caffeine intake. (yes, I drink way too much diet Coke) Might have done it too fast, because I've got a headache this afternoon. So I'm putting the kettle on for black tea. Hopefully that and some Tylenol will make my headache go away.

Breakfast buffet, I've got an egg casserole recipe from my sister that I like very much. It reminds me of quiche but without the crust.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"When dogs are looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes." -- Dr. Brian Hare

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Don't steep your tea too long, Elyse. It contains caffeine, too.
    cats4ever

Chips and dip - I'm in! There's no calories at Thursday's!
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" -- Dave Barry

The kettle is on again this morning. Our weathers cold again - wind chill is -24C this morning. But I'm going to to for a short run anyway - got new winter running shoes I'm dying to take for a spin in the fresh snow. After that it will be meal planning for Sunday's big game.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali and Diego (nine year old kittens)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross)

Excellent, just restocked the tea selection. so glad the kettle is hot!
    I've Been Frosted

Calgary priest skips Sunday church after scoring Super Bowl tickets

I'm sure someone will fill in for him! During the interview David Gray asked him if he ever prayed for the outcome of a game. Equally tongue-in-cheek, he replied, "Oh, nooo...never."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ugas-1.3967540

A Calgary Greek Orthodox Priest and his buddy Ben walk into NRG Stadium.
    It's not the beginning of a bad joke, it's the beginning of a once-in-a-lifetime experience for Peter Rougas.
    Rougas has been a fan of the NFL and New England Patriots for more than 20 years, and this weekend he's heading to Houston to watch his team face off against the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl.

"I've never seen my team play, I've never seen Tom Brady play, I've never been to Gillette stadium in Foxborough to watch them play, so this opportunity came up and I said, 'make it happen,'" he said on the Calgary Eyeopener Friday.
    Sundays are usually busy for Rougas, who is a parish priest at Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, but the rabid football fan says he still finds time to watch every Sunday game, with a little help from his PVR.
    He said by Tuesday or Wednesday, he's caught up on all the plays.
    Wait list priority

Despite living in Calgary, Rougas has been on the waiting list for Patriots' season tickets for more than 13 years. He was informed by email that being on the wait list granted him priority access for tickets to the big game.
    "I assumed it was just a lottery like most playoff games are, so I logged into the system, selected two seats randomly, hit the checkout button and there was the full price for tickets," he said.
    The top-tier tickets 10 rows up at the 50 yard line were a little out of Rougas' price range at over $14,800 per seat. He said the cheapest seats he saw online were still upwards of $3,000.
    'If you have the opportunity, you go'

After buying the tickets, Rougas said it took him 50 phone calls to find a hotel in Houston. He finally found one, a two-star hotel in the city that upped its price to take advantage of the Super Bowl crowds.
    Rougas said, despite the costs, he was determined to go.
    "The prices are expensive as is, however most of the tickets are bought on the secondary market, so they are inflated two, three times more than what they are actually worth," he said. "But because I was able to get them directly through the NFL Experience, it's a little more manageable."
    "At the bottom line, it's the Super Bowl, so if you have an opportunity, you go."​

With files from the Calgary Eyeopener.
    "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" -- Dave Barry

I am not a football fan, but had the game on the screen to my right, just so I would know at least vaguely what happened when it comes up for discussion the next few days, wherever I happen to go.

I had the sound on mute for much of it, but on for the last minute game-tying play, then off again while I was dealing with tech support for an issue with a client's server.

Pretty amazing, wasn;t it? A game for the record books, no matter which way you look at it!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I am making corned beef sammies.

On whatever kind of bread and will all the trimmings.

Dill pickles, too!

Done!