What is a human resource? Does your organization struggle with the problem of properly fitting people to jobs? Here is a handy guide for ensuring success in job placement.
Take the prospective employees you are trying to place and put them in a room with only a table and two chairs. Leave them alone for two hours, without any instruction.
At the end of that time, go back and see what they are doing.
· If they have taken the table apart in that time, put them in Engineering.
· If they are counting the butts in the ashtray, assign them to Finance.
· If they are screaming and waving their arms, send them off to Manufacturing.
· If they are talking to the chairs, Personnel is a good spot for them.
· If they are sleeping, they are Management material.
· If they are writing up the experience, send them to Tech Pubs.
· If they don't even look up when you enter the room, assign them to Security.
· If they try to tell you it's not as bad as it looks, send them to Marketing.
· And if they've left early, put them in Sales.