Original Thread - http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...7&page=1&pp=15
I don't know where to begin. It's been such a long hard day. My head is spinning, my eyes are watering and all I want to do is crawl into bed and pretend everything is ok.
Late last night I made the decision to move the puppies vet apointment up a day as Brindle had gotten worse. She was still ok, still playing a little but was very very tierd and didn't eat all day. Today though she wouldn't stand up this morning without a lot of coaxing and she still wasn't eating. I got home from school and put them out to go potty. Ran inside to grab my credit card and keys and came out to find Brindle lifeless. She wasn't moving and she was completly limp. I rushed her to the vet but we were unable to save her. She died before they could even humanly put her to sleep. The docotor tested her for Parvo and she came up negative, thank god. She died from =yujha horrible case of Hook worm. Aparently when you look in a poop sample for hook worm you generally see one or two. When he looked in hers there were hundreds. They completly sucked the life out of her. I can't beleave I just keep saying "I should have called out of work and took her in. I shouldn't have gone to school.". I should have done this or I should have done that. I can't help to blame myself. I should have known, I should have saved her. This poor girls life was trusted in my hands. I didn't know how bad her worms were. I didn't know worms could kill her. I didn't know...I just didn't know. And now I'm left with so much regret.
Goldie, the other female has also taken a turn for the worst. They are all now on medicine to get ride of there hook worm. They also get 2 types of vitamins and pedia lite to help get them back to where they were. I hope she makes it. She isn't moving around a lot and isn't eating as much as I would like her to. I can't begin to tell you how worried I am about her. My vet said that at this point if she can make it through the treatments then she should be ok. Shy is still having blood in her stool which worries me to no end. She is now eating like a horse though and has gained back much of her "puppiness". If she to makes it through the 3 day treatment she should be ok. I hate "waiting and seeing".I want them healthy and I want them healthy now. Most of all, I hate not knowing if they will make it. I hate not knowing if my heart is going to break more then it already is.
Please pray for them and pray hard. I'm so worried.
New Update Page 1, post 9