Thread: Any thoughts on this breed?

Any thoughts on this breed?

Jasper Lily is a rescue and I have had her about a week. I am still grieving the loss of my beloved soul mate, heart dog. But this girl is pretty cute!

The rescue told me Basenji. I think she's mixed with something but can't quite figure out what. Thank you in advance!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...A4464516A0.jpg

Her markings and ears look like she may also be part Miniature Pinscher! And their tails do not curl like a Basenji's would! How big is she?
    I've Been Frosted

I don't know but she is pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Her markings and ears look like she may also be part Miniature Pinscher! And their tails do not curl like a Basenji's would! How big is she?
    She's 18 pounds. Her tail doesn't curl like a Basenji but her ears are very Basenji and her personality seems to be. I've only had her about a week. I was thinking mini pin mix too.

She IS pretty cute! Thank you!

Well, with Basenji averaging 24 pound, and Min Pins 8-10, she is right in the middle! And of course we know she is 100% cute!
    I've Been Frosted

Basenji's are not that common, so I'd have a hard time believing that. I see min pin for sure, maybe with some rat terrier or jack russel.

In either case... you have a 100% bonafide cutie

facebook

Any thoughts on this breed?

Yeah, that's breed is good. well, she looks nice also and i think this breed is one of the honest breed.

Thank you

She is a black and tan! Ha ha haaa

How old is she? Have you heard her speak? Basenji's don't bark, they yodel, lol. IF she yodels, that would be a sure sign she has some basenji. If she doesn't yodel, well, still could go either way.

Here is a link to the breed standard: https://www.akc.org/breeds/basenji/index.cfm The photos look more solid, chunky, muscular, than your Jasper Lily is.

She is very sweet from the photos!
    I've been BOO'd!!
    Thank you Karen, for fixing my siggy!