Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Roxy & The Vet?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,855

    Roxy & The Vet?

    Hey Briana.. any update on Roxy? Did she go to her vet appt. on March 11 like you said she was?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Err..no. Because she's starting to gain weight back, so we didn't take her. She has to go in May though for vaccinations.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    4,625
    I hope she is gaining wieght.
    Post pix of her please! We miss seeing recent pix of her.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    I hope she is gaining wieght.
    Post pix of her please! We miss seeing recent pix of her.
    There's a whole thread on her and Lily I posted yesterday
    HERE
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    4,625
    Yes, I saw the thread. You can't see Roxy's body.
    Just her head.... can't really tell if she gained wieght by her head.
    Forget it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Errr...well you can see her body in the pic with Lily and her.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,855
    Just because she's gaining weight is no reason to not take her to the vet, Briana.. didn't AC say you need to get her checked out? So do it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,378
    BCmom, maybe a pm would be more appropriate that this, personally I am sick and tired of everyone calling roxyluv out on this public forum. Everyone knows her mom is making the calls, just give it a rest already.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Just because she's gaining weight is no reason to not take her to the vet, Briana.. didn't AC say you need to get her checked out? So do it.
    No...they didnt say we needed to get her checked out. We figured out she doesnt have worms, because for one thing I checked her poop, and for another, she has to go in May. She's perfectly ok now. And Thank you Caseysmom.
    Oh, and Jess, why are you being so against me lately?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    8,378
    From the recent pictures I have seen her weight looks fine, just give her more than before, it sounded like the food amounts were a little low before:?

    I know your doing the best you can with your mom, just keep up the good fight for roxy.

    I don't like to see people get bullied and at some point this becomes bullying imo.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

    I have been frosted!

    Thanks Kfamr for the signature!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    From the recent pictures I have seen her weight looks fine, just give her more than before, it sounded like the food amounts were a little low before:?

    I know your doing the best you can with your mom, just keep up the good fight for roxy.

    I don't like to see people get bullied and at some point this becomes bullying imo.
    I have been feeding her more, and it seems to help. My mom actually let Roxy in the kitchen the other night so I could take pics of her!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    No...they didnt say we needed to get her checked out. We figured out she doesnt have worms, because for one thing I checked her poop, and for another, she has to go in May.

    Just to let you know, you can't always see worms in the poop when a dog has worms, and I don't know what her having to go in May has to do with her not having worms? But anyway, I am glad she is getting more to eat, that will definitely help her. Sounds like she wasn't getting enough before, especially with the cold.

    Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!


    I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Just to let you know, you can't always see worms in the poop when a dog has worms, and I don't know what her having to go in May has to do with her not having worms? But anyway, I am glad she is getting more to eat, that will definitely help her. Sounds like she wasn't getting enough before, especially with the cold.
    Yeah, I remembered that But wouldn't she be acting a little different if she had worms? Like don't dogs usually scrape their bum on the ground, because the worms irritate that area? Roxy hasn't shown any of that. If I would have not listened to my mom and grandpa then Roxy would have been eating more a long time ago.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    Like don't dogs usually scrape their bum on the ground, because the worms irritate that area?
    I agree with Vela and NO, you can't tell if dogs have parasites unless you test thier poop under a microscope.

    Scrape their bum on the ground..... silliest thing I've ever heard.... apart from the fact that I don't think you'd notice if Roxy did do that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    9,559
    Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    I agree with Vela and NO, you can't tell if dogs have parasites unless you test thier poop under a microscope.

    Scrape their bum on the ground..... silliest thing I've ever heard.... apart from the fact that I don't think you'd notice if Roxy did do that.
    Well, excuse me I didn't know. I just heard that if dogs rub their butts along the ground that it means they have worms. and Um..yeah I *WOULD* Notice if Roxy was doing that.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]♥


    “Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”


    In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Similar Threads

  1. RIP Roxy
    By Tonya in forum Dog Memorial
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 08:37 PM
  2. Roxy, Roxy, and MORE Roxy!
    By Roxyluvsme13 in forum Dog General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
  3. Roxy is ok....
    By Tonya in forum Dog General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:22 PM
  4. Roxy
    By Karen in forum Dog Memorial
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 09:51 AM
  5. Roxy is so sly
    By Tonya in forum Dog General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com