Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Mixed Breeds

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Adirondacks, NY
    Posts
    11,174
    That's interesting!
    Mikey - [Pug/Beagle Mix] Spock and T'Stala - [Hermit Crabs] Rest in Peace, Bo. I love you - [African Cawed Frog] Bo II - [Guppy] Buzz - [VT Male Betta] Chippewa - [BT Male Betta]
    "Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    267
    That's wrong. Don't know how to explain it... but it's wrong.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,855
    I agree with Sunni. IMO, that's not right. There should only be ONE father to a litter.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,725
    If it's used under the condition I noted before, I don't see a problem with it. Why do y'all think it's wrong?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    5,525
    Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    If it's used under the condition I noted before, I don't see a problem with it. Why do y'all think it's wrong?
    It just doesn't seem right. I can't really explain it... but all animals should not have to have two fathers just to have a variety of puppies in one litter.

    *Sammy*Springen*Molli*

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,685
    Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    It just doesn't seem right. I can't really explain it... but all animals should not have to have two fathers just to have a variety of puppies in one litter.
    They DON'T have two fathers, remember: an egg can only be fertilized by ONE sperm. They do DNA tests to find out which one is the father of each pup. Think about how much time, money, and effort breeding takes when done right. This is a very good thing.

    Niņo & Eliza



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Pensacola Beach,FL
    Posts
    8,842
    i know some setter and bichon breeders that do the "multiple sire" thing. i don't have anything against it as long as it's done properly.
    Owned by two little pastries!


    REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    829

    NOT HUMANS - Not Exactly Anyway

    It might not "seem" right because we love our dogs/pets so much and they have such unique and different personalities that we often think of them as being "human". Now I know that this can be contoversial - especially amongst fellow dog lovers, but when dogs mate, there is no love. They have no attachment to each other and the physical act is in no way romantic love. It is pure instinct. No feelings, no emotional fallout. A pure physical, natural response by the bitch and sire.

    So don't think of them as two people in love. A caring and devoted husband and soon to be proud father. A mom who is being violated, etc., etc. They don't really process information that way. A female in heat is looking to get pregnant. Natures way of continuing the species. A male dog around a bitch in heat just wants to impregnate her - instinctively. A female bred with two separate dogs doesn't "have any problem with it". At least that's what "the dogs tell me"!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,685
    exactly my feelings, bob's dad

    Niņo & Eliza



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBS DAD
    It might not "seem" right because we love our dogs/pets so much and they have such unique and different personalities that we often think of them as being "human". Now I know that this can be contoversial - especially amongst fellow dog lovers, but when dogs mate, there is no love. They have no attachment to each other and the physical act is in no way romantic love. It is pure instinct. No feelings, no emotional fallout. A pure physical, natural response by the bitch and sire.

    So don't think of them as two people in love. A caring and devoted husband and soon to be proud father. A mom who is being violated, etc., etc. They don't really process information that way. A female in heat is looking to get pregnant. Natures way of continuing the species. A male dog around a bitch in heat just wants to impregnate her - instinctively. A female bred with two separate dogs doesn't "have any problem with it". At least that's what "the dogs tell me"!
    I can agree with that

Similar Threads

  1. Mixed Breeds
    By Dusty32899 in forum Dog Breeds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 12:32 PM
  2. Mixed Breeds
    By sweet_stormy in forum Cat Breeds
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 06:16 AM
  3. Mixed Breeds
    By strawberry_puff13 in forum Dog Breeds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2001, 04:27 PM
  4. Regarding The Mixed Breeds.
    By Dobelady in forum Today's Dog
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2000, 02:06 PM
  5. Mixed Breeds
    By Dusty32899 in forum Dog Breeds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2000, 09:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com