Things that amuse me ...
Yes, trends in spammers again ...
Why do I get so much spam assuming I am single and in need of a partner (male or female)?
And now I am getting "life is short, have an affair" spam! Like violating one's marriage vows and morals would make life any longer? Don't get the logic with that one!
And there's a common spam now entitled these X (pick a number) questions will get any woman "excited" ... (word changed for family-freindlyness!)
Like there are any questions that would be the same for any group of women?
At least the e.d. spam has lessened.
Spambots are non-discriminating - they just send out bunches of the stuff to all computers everywhere!
If you really have a slow day some time you can do this:
1. On your email program, find out how to Display All Headers or View Original Email.
2. Look carefully through all the wee letters and numbers and look for the last "From:".
3. That last From will have an IP address. Copy that and paste into the search box here: https://www.arin.net/ The search box is waay at the top left of the page.
4. If the spam originates in North America it will provide the IP information. Find the "abuse@" address or similar and copy it.
5. Go back to your spam mail and forward it - WITH the original headers etc - to the "abuse" email addy.
Note - the originating IP may be in Asia/Pacific (APNIC), Europe (RIPE) or other databases. ARIN will provide the link to those if needed.
I did this years ago before Spam filters were at all common.
Have fun! ;)
My email program actually filters out most of the spam, this is just the few that get through. Trust me, I get many thousands of pieces of spam a day that I never see. And I never, ever even open the ones that make it to my inbox, never mind "unsubscribe" or report them to someone - that just confirms that my email address is a good one, and will get it on more spam lists!
I just thought the trending topics were interesting discussion points!
About once a week I get a spam e-mail offering help for erectile dysfunction. I admit I have problems, but erectile dysfunction isn't one of them.:p
Erectile dysfunction can be 'cured' by standing with your shoulders back?;)
Originally Posted by cassiesmom