Logan, my plant eater
Logan was doing well and leaving the plants alone all winter long, including my hibiscus.
Then he decided to make a snack out of it. :rolleyes:
He hid the puked up leaves pretty well, but not the diarrhea outside of the litterbox. :eek:
Called the vet this morning and plan on taking him in on my lunch break. He's eating and drinking water, and despite appearing poorly, he's been his usual 'follow me around, chatty self'. I just notice he sleeps more.
Two days ago:
Prayers for my Little Man. :love:
Vet just called and confirmed that I can bring him in at Noon.
Wish me luck that he's not hiding.
Prayers for Logan from Indy. I hope he didn't get sick from eating the plant.:( He looks a little under the weather in his picture.Poor little guy.:(
Oh poor Logan, it's no fun to have an aching tummy. Hope the vet can give him something that helps. You better put that Hibiscus in another place.
Sending lots of good wishes and kisses to dear Logan. :love:
Just read that Hibiscus is one of the plants that can be toxic to cats. I hope that Logan vomited most of what he chewed.
Prayers for a good report from the Vet.
I hope he'll be okay. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:love:
Yeah, I think he passed, either by vomit or diarrhea, what he ate.
He's at the vet, and if I don't hear from them by 2:30, I'm to call and get an update. Hopefully he can come home with some medicine that'll make him feel better.
Prayers and good wishes that Logan will be all right after his toxic snack.. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Bloodwork is normal and he's not dehydrated. :cool:
They gave him an injection to stop the vomiting and are going to send him home with medicine and bland food.
Thanks for all the good vibes. :D :love:
Awww, glad it at least was hibiscus, and not something as bad as lilies. But you probably know never to have lillies in your home with a plant-muncher present!
You know what's odd. I've had poinsettia and lilies in the house and they have never bothered them, but I got an ornamental bamboo for my birthday and Zam chewed a few leaves off it before leaving it alone.
Odd cats. :love:
Thank goodness they never touched the lillies - those are deadly if ingested, every type of lily I know of causes liver failure in cats!
Another successful medicine dose this morning. :cool:
Logan was also back to following me around, talking to me, and rubbing against my legs. I think I'm forgiven. :D :love:
I weighed him and despite feeling a bit boney, he only lost 1 lb. He's 11 lbs currently and still heavier than Zam.
Great news.:) Logan, no more plant eating, ok? :love:
That's great news!