PDA

View Full Version : I am so worried about Snoopy... .

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Since last evening, my cutie is acting weird. She lays on the ground all stretched out and bum a bit up. Then she starts to mourn, and moving backwards, her nose close to the floor. She also curles up into a tertellini, giving the same mourning, sqeeking sound.
I am afraid that there has been a bit rough playing yesterday, with biting and so.
I don't know if this has anything to do with another thing: she cannot meow properly; it is more like a rusty hinge :eek: .
Should I be worried??

I phoned the vet already, but I got her answering machine, meaning she is busy with another pet. She will call me back asap :rolleyes:

So much is going wrong here these days.. . First my dryer broke down, then last Saturday my washer got broken too, and now this problem with Snoopy (not mentioning my own health problems...........) :(

orangemm
02-28-2006, 03:49 AM
First of all, I am so sorry to hear about all the troubles you have had (besides your health). Machines can be such fickle things and are liable to stop working at the most inopportune times.

However, Snoopy is another worry altogether. The only thing that came to mind was maybe she is going into heat? With her little butt in the air and crying like that, it's the only thing I can think of. :confused:

At least you can talk to your vet; then she can put your mind at ease.

Feel better, little Snoopy! (and you, too, Lut!) Hugs to you both. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 04:26 AM
The only thing that came to mind was maybe she is going into heat? With her little butt in the air and crying like that, it's the only thing I can think of. :confused:

She is only 18 weeks old :eek: :eek: . Is it possible to go into heat at that young age?? Oh No................... :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
02-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Have a look here - might help

http://www.moggies.co.uk/catguide/html/smature.html

hope little Snoopy is okay (hugs for Meowmie too) xx

jenluckenbach
02-28-2006, 05:01 AM
She is probably in heat. Let us know what you find out.

Sonia59
02-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Yes, she could be in heat. I hope it is nothing worse. Keep us posted!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 06:11 AM
I finally got the vet on the phone. After hearing about Snoopy's "activities", she is almost sure that Snoopy is in heat :eek: . Poor little girl, and poor other girls.... :rolleyes: . She also agreed that 4,5 months is very young for this. But, then she mentioned that it was difficult to guess Snoopy's age when she arrived! So, it is possible that she is already 5 months :eek: .

We will wait to get her fixed till May, as this might be a risky operation and there might be problems with her heart..!

I think I will suggest to have the operation done at the University Hospital in Ghent. IF something goes wrong, they have all they need there; my vet is great too, but she works alone! Better be sure!!

koxka
02-28-2006, 06:23 AM
To mee it looks like she is in heat too! ;)

Killearn Kitties
02-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Poor little Snoopy has a lot to deal with, desn't she? Certainly sounds like she is in heat. Good luck!

catfamily
02-28-2006, 06:29 AM
I finally got the vet on the phone. After hearing about Snoopy's "activities", she is almost sure that Snoopy is in heat :eek: . Poor little girl, and poor other girls.... :rolleyes: . She also agreed that 4,5 months is very young for this. But, then she mentioned that it was difficult to guess Snoopy's age when she arrived! So, it is possible that she is already 5 months :eek: .

We will wait to get her fixed till May, as this might be a risky operation and there might be problems with her heart..!

I think I will suggest to have the operation done at the University Hospital in Ghent. IF something goes wrong, they have all they need there; my vet is great too, but she works alone! Better be sure!!
Your such a great cat mamma :D And I really hope you get better as well real soon.

koxka
02-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Oh, we posted at the same time.

Didn't know she has problems with her heart too.Poor little thing! :(

sirrahbed
02-28-2006, 06:43 AM
I had no idea that kitties could have their first heat at such a young age :eek: While reading about Snoopy, I also suspected the same thing though.

I am sorry to read that so much is going on, Lut. How frustrating!! Isn't is aggravating when things start breaking down and the babies worry us??

(((HUGS))) to you. :)

catnapper
02-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Poor Snoopy! I immediately thought of heat. I love your idea of the vet hospital in Ghent. ((Hugs))) to Snoopy, her sisters, and her hoomans

sasvermont
02-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I agree with everyone! You have to have seen a cat in heat to appreciate the activity you mentioned!

She isn't as young as she looks, although some cats are much earlier to come in to heat than others.

As long as the male cats stay away, you'll be ok! :eek:

Grace
02-28-2006, 08:19 AM
First thing I thought, with the bum in the air - she's in heat. Our Reese went into heat - and supposedly she was only 4 months old. We were obviously wrong.

Poor Snoopy - poor everyone - http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

kb2yjx
02-28-2006, 08:23 AM
My first thought was she is in heat!? Can you get her fixed sooner than May?

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Can you get her fixed sooner than May?

We could do that yes, but the vet is a bit scared about ho strong Snoopy's heart is. Better wait till she is stronger, right :)
We are NOT sure there is something wrong with her heart; but remember the not-closed chestbone, where you see and feel the heart beat.... . Taking that into consideration we'd better not overeact now

jazzcat
02-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Poor little Snoopy. As I read your first post I had no idea what could be wrong with her. I've never been around a cat in heat. Thank goodness for PT and the internet to help us figure these things out.

catfamily
02-28-2006, 09:16 AM
We could do that yes, but the vet is a bit scared about ho strong Snoopy's heart is. Better wait till she is stronger, right :)
We are NOT sure there is something wrong with her heart; but remember the not-closed chestbone, where you see and feel the heart beat.... . Taking that into consideration we'd better not overeact now
That's sounds super scary.I'm so sorry.I hope she doesn't slam against anything hard.I've never heard of that part being so open and no bone over it.Geez!!

catmandu
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Its Very Possible That Snoopy Is In Heat,as Scrappy 2,was Expecting When She Was Barely Six Months Old.
Ans Hse May Be A Bit Older Than You Think,just Small For Her Age,certainly Not Unknown When A Starry Cat Does Not Have Enough To Eat.
Good Luck With Snoopy,and Please Let Us Know How She Is.

icedtea
02-28-2006, 08:35 PM
sometimes the worldis stacked against us.

krazyaboutkatz
03-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Lut, I also guessed that she might be in heat. Maybe your vet will be able to give her something that will help calm her down until she's able to be spayed. I hope that everything will go well. I'm sorry to hear that so many things are going wrong for you lately. :( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Today, all seems to be normal again; no more bum in the air, no more "activities" . Wow, that was a "blits-heat" !! I hope it is really over. It took Zazou 6 days :eek: :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Good mews! Dear little Snoopy