PDA

View Full Version : Teacup breeds

IRescue452
02-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I found this on petfinder and I like the way it was written, but the pup was adopted so the page is going to go away soon. I just wanted to post it so it can easily be looked up for future reference when I'm talking to people on other boards or whereever. I'm sure it will have its uses for others too. It brings up good points about teacup dogs.
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5845094?petid=5845094

WEEONE "TEACUP" POM-A-POO 10WKS THIS LITTLE GUY HAS A PERMANENT HOME> THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRES THIS TINY ONE IS ONLY 1.4 LBS, RESCUED FROM GOING TO A PET STORE, THEY DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH THE SPECIAL NEEDS OF SUCH A TINY ONE!! DOGS THIS LITTLE HAVE A LOT OF SPECIAL NEEDS , MOSTLY DIET. THEY SHOULD EAT AS MUCH AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE AND BE GIVEN A DIETARY VITAMIN SUPPLEMENT SUCH AS NUTRI-CAL. AS THEY ARE SO TINY IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH FOR THEM TO BURN A LOT OF CALORIES. THIS ITTY-BITTY ONE WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO A SPECIAL HOME, WITH POSITIVELY NO KIDS, JUST TO FRAGILE RIGHT NOW!! AND WITH A STAY AT HOME MOM, OR A MOM WHO IS HOME A-L-O-T!! WITH HIS SMALL SIZE HE IS NOT ABLE TO BE LEFT A LOT BY HIMSELF, TINY ONES SUCH AS HIM, ARE SUPCEPTABLE TO LOW BLOOD SUGAR IF STRESSED, CHILLED, OVER PLAYING, NOT EATING PROPERLY, ECT. ANYTHING THAT IS TOO MUCH FOR HIM. HE SHOULD OUTGROW THIS. IT IS JUST A VERY COMMON PROBLEM WHEN PUPS ARE THIS TINY. JUST LIKE HAVING A PREEMIE BABY!! HE IS SO SWEET, VERY LOVEY AND KISSY!!! IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT HOME FOR HIM PLEASE CALL VICKI AT 740-472-9828 IF NO ANSWER, PLEASE CALL AGAIN, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this sweetie when I was looking. http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=5774528

Mazie
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
My older dog was the same size as that "weeone" when we got him. It was pretty amazing how much food he could pack away when he was a pup. He ate about half his weight in food a day. The first trip to the vet they had to weigh him on the bird scale because the dog scale didn't register that he was sitting on it. At 9 weeks he weighed 1lb 2 oz and liked to try and climb into my husbands tennis shoe, but it was too tall for him to climb into! Now he 3 and fully grown at 10 inches high and 6 lbs.

zoomer
03-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Whewhie! That's a tiny weenie dog!

lute
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
what a TINY lil dog! i hope he lives a happy healthy life in his new home! :D

cocker_luva
03-18-2006, 12:34 PM
breeding dogs that small is just disgusting! i love the little cuties that come into the shop for a bath, but it is extremely difficult trying to work with them that small!!!

zoomer
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
breeding dogs that small is just disgusting! i love the little cuties that come into the shop for a bath, but it is extremely difficult trying to work with them that small!!!

I do agree with that though...

dab_20
03-19-2006, 03:04 PM
It is just plain irresponsible when people breed teacup dogs. My friends has a teacup Chi and it is TINY. She's less then two pounds and full grown. She's literally smaller then a rat.

Roxyluvsme13
03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
:(
I can't even begin...
Lily only weighs 4 pounds 4 ounces, but she eats like a PIG!