PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Huskies

thehappyscientist
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I cant tell you how many people I meet that say WOW I didnt know there were miniature huskies! They are called Alaskan Klee Kai.

We love our dogs, and so I want to share. We do not have any available, we have waiting lists like everyone else :) so this is NOT an add.

I do like to get information on the breed out to the public. We are very proud of our little dogs.

I hope you enjoy these photos, these are some of my adults and puppies.

All the best,
Aprilfawn

delmarkleekai.com

icedtea
02-11-2006, 02:46 AM
aww theyre absolutely gorgeous!!

*future vet*
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Yes, they are gorgeous! This breed is so cute :) !

CathyBogart
02-11-2006, 02:06 PM
They're gorgeous! I've heard of the Klee Kai, but I don't know much about them. Thank you for posting! :)

Jessika
02-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I've heard of them and even thought to myself "they look like mini huskies" lol

Suki Wingy
02-11-2006, 03:44 PM
there's one thing that always confused me about them though. Are the sized bred separatley or are they interbred. Is it more like beagles where both can come from the same litter?

Alysser
02-11-2006, 03:51 PM
They are goregous! They look like Chis mixed with husky lol.

IRescue452
02-11-2006, 06:58 PM
They are considered an actual breed, not a mini sibbie. They are really a smaller type of Alaskan husky, with a little bit of Siberian husky. There are so many husky breeds that it will be a while before the strains are all seperated but it isn't a siberian mix.

dogzr#1
02-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Aww, they are all so cute! I remember seeing something on TV about them. It said that they are a mix of 4 different breeds. It took 4 generations to finally create on alaskan klee kai. I think they come in 3 sizes but i'm not too sure.

cyber-sibes
02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
They're really adorable!

anna_66
02-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh my goodness they are adorable!

I don't really remember hearing of them before so thank you very much for telling us about them and sharing your pictures.

I do hope you'll stick around and share more:D

BOBS DAD
02-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Linda Spurling (the breeds originator) did a wonderful of maintaining tight restrictions on her bloodline and breeding only the best while neutering/spaying all others. While she maintained high standards, even she couldn't continue with her vision as she saw the population of her little dog grow and control spread. The AKC has yet to recognize this breed and likely will not, given the variations in standards. Even the original successor of Spurllings venture (Colorado) has continued with a line that recognizes 3 separate sizes and very different looks. They also admit that there still throwbacks that are closer to standard huskies that Klee Kai. I don't believe this breed will ever obtain full acceptance in the dog world until they tighten their breed standards (limiting sizes to perhaps 2) and establish a bloodline of more alike appearance.

With that said, I still think they are cute and if you like the results, you should have no reservation about getting one. But be aware that "your" dog might be different than one you've seen on-line or read about from another owner.

tikeyas_mom
02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I love Alaskan Klee Kais.. They are one of my favorite breeds..

lute
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
they are so cute! ya know the only thing that sibes and klee kais have in common is thei coat pattern. everything else is different.

dab_20
02-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Well the attatchment isn't working.

I have always loved this cute little dogs!! My little cousin once refered to them as "Purse sized wolves" lol
They are awsome dogs... and one day, if I ever have the money, I'd LOVE to have one.

Kfamr
02-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I've heard of/seen this breed but I've never heard them referred to as "Miniature Huskies"....

xldyshamrockx
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
These are a difficult breed to find seems like. Ive been looking for one for quite awhile now. Its amazing how many people have no idea what they are.

If any of you know people with puppies, or have information on them. Please get in touch with me :cool:

lvpets2002
03-23-2006, 03:14 PM
:eek: WOW they are so adorable & love their wittle faces..

BaileysMom
03-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know if they're good with other dogs/breeds and/or children?

zoomer
03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Wow your dogs are really beautiful, it would be a lot of fun to have puppies everywhere :p

Mad Mags Moo
03-26-2006, 06:46 AM
How cute are those!!!!!!! :D I am a cat person but boy I do love the "mini Husky"!! :D

thehappyscientist
04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Well I have a waiting list like most people, but some of my friends that have more dogs might have some. Visit my Links Page!

All the best
aprilfawn
http://www.delmarkleekai.com

These are a difficult breed to find seems like. Ive been looking for one for quite awhile now. Its amazing how many people have no idea what they are.

If any of you know people with puppies, or have information on them. Please get in touch with me :cool:

thehappyscientist
04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
:) Well I have a waiting list like most people, but some of my friends that have more dogs might have some. Visit my Links Page!

All the best
aprilfawn
http://www.delmarkleekai.com