PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas' ear biopsy

kb2yjx
02-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Dr. Ascher did the biopsy of the growth just below Nicholas' right ear. He was fairly cooperative! The results should be back by Monday. Dr. A thinks it might be mast cell, but is not sure. I now have to do some reading....Thanks for all your support!!

furrykidsmother
02-10-2006, 07:50 AM
I am not sure what that is, but hope it is nothing serious.

Hoping to hear good news on Monday!

catlover4ever
02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
I too hope it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

kb2yjx
02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I had to do some reading to find out about mast cells. According to the Cornell Book of Cats, mast cell tumor is the fourth most common of skin tumor of the cat. The mast cell is a connective tissue cell that plays a role in normal inflammatory responses and in allergy. This tumor is especially common in older male cats. It can occur anywhere in the skin, but has a predilection for the head and neck. Mast cell tumors can take a variety of forms. The majority are benign, but some are agressive, malignant growths that spread to the lymph nodes, liver, spleen, and lungs, usually within three to six months.
Therapy of the solitary mast cell tumor consists of surgical excision.
Hopefully the results will be in by Monday.

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Did you hear anything yet?

moosmom
02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I hope things go okay for Nicholas's ear biopsy. The Cornell Book of Cats is my kitty bible!!! Everytime something goes wrong, I refer to it.

kb2yjx
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for your posts!! I have not heard a word. I am going to give a call to the vet's tomorrow. She is very good about calling and letting you know what is going on. I just think nothing has come back from the lab yet!
My other "bible" is the New Natural Cat" by Anitra Frazier!!! My copy is so old and worn!!