PDA

View Full Version : Funny habits your cats have... Post them here!

Kirsten
02-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Is there anything funny or crazy your kitties are doing?

Well, I can tell you about Lily; she has one crazy habit: Each time before she's drinking, she's putting one of her paws into the water; she's actually STANDING in her water bowl. Needless to say, you'll find her paw prints all over the laminate here!

I have absolutely no idea why she is doing this! Is she testing the temperature of the water? Is she trying to figure out how much water is left in the bowl? She did this right from the start, btw.

Kirsten

icedtea
02-04-2006, 02:10 PM
seafa likes to climb up the back of chairs in lounge room, and dash up them, and also squish herself under them. she likes standing in her food bowl, too. kansas doesnt really have any funny habits. she just does clumsy movements sorta.

furrykidsmother
02-04-2006, 02:59 PM
A couple of ours have habits, Fluffy waits every morning for me to get out of the shower, when I do she leads me to the other room where the "crunchies" in large, rarely used bathroom are kept in a free feed machine. She jumps up on the counter and munches away, then jumps down and waits to be brushed. Then she jumps up and has a few more then is ready to leave. Garfield waits every night until we have finished eating or rather until my husband has finished eating then he jumps up on his lap, paws and head on my husbands chest and just sits there looking adoringly at him. Of course, the other habit is every morning before I go to work, they get a few pieces of chicken, so every morning there is a gathering around the fridge waiting for the chicken to come out.

kimboe
02-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Meu-Meu is weird! She's always has to jump in the tub after someone was showering, and plays in water....?????? :rolleyes: Silly kitty!
Babe habit is with eating, She cannot eat above ground level....seriously she has to be on the floor to eat and will not eat from your hand unless it's on the floor.

catmandu
02-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I HAVE GOTTEN SO USED TO THE FOUND CATS,THAT I MA STRAINING TO THINK OF SOMETHING FUNNY.
TUBBY2 LOVES TO CRAM HIMSELF INTO TIGHT SPOTS.
JJJ3 WILL NOT TOUCH THE FLOOR IF HE CAN HELP IT.
tHE PRINCESS HAS TO EAT ALONE,AS SHE CANNOT DINE IF ANOTHER CATS IS IN THE ROOM.
MOOSE LOVES TO PUT HIS PAW IN THE MILK AND LICK IT OFF.
MICHAEL AND THE LITTLE ONES LOVE POTATO CHIPS RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG.

Van10
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Tux likes sticks his paws in any cup of water lying about. Pesca will jump in the tub and play with dripping water.

Killer Kitten
02-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Roland will sit up on our bed, like a dog in 'begging' position, and flap his front paws at the ceiling fan. He only has one eye, and that eye has a bad corneal scar, so I think he is just chasing barely seen movement.

Precious, who has no eyes, always insists upon climbing to the highest possible point in any room she's in.

Timmy is cerebellar and can barely walk. Yet if I don't latch the door to the cat room he'll pry it open, tumble down to the living room and loudly brag about his accomplishment. He'll keep yelling until one of us returns him to the safety of his room.

CarrieB
02-05-2006, 01:11 AM
For some reason my cat likes too.. suck on the tip of her tail! It's kinda funny when she walks around the house with a pointy lil tail tip :)

Miss Z
02-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Zsa-Zsa's funny habit is patroling the garden, she is blind so she feels everything with her whiskers and paws. When something is out of place, for example if my netball post has moved, she sits and growls to herself for a minute, stares into the living room window as if she can see someone there, and then gets up and sticks her nose in the air and swishes her tail! Funny girl!

She also has a bit of a disgusting habit, sometimes when she is feeling friendly, she likes to bash her head into you. Most cats do this, but the problem is, Zsa-Zsa sometimes misses and ends up wiping her nose on you! EEEEWWWWW!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Maya loves to bring her mics to the waterbowl and drop them in there! She wants to give them a bath ??
Zazou always stands with her front paws ON the waterbowl edge when she drinks :D

Felix
02-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Felix likes to dig his claws into the box spring and run up and down it upside down. :rolleyes:

boscibo
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Like Lily, Abby has to dip her paws in the water bowl. She dips, licks, dips, licks, then after a few times of that she will drink normally. She is very "handy" like that - often if she finds something on the floor she will pick it up with her paw to sniff it instead of lowering her head to the floor to sniff it.

Hanna is just a funny cat, period. She waits until I am in the shower, then comes in and likes to play with the spray while standing on the edge of the tub. When I get out of the shower she wants to be in my arms, so I am often soaking wet and holding a large tabby. Also, if there is a gym bag or backpack left laying around, she has to sleep on it.

Bo likes, nay insists, on sleeping on my pillow - too bad for me if I need a place to rest my head. He is almost always there all night. It is strange because I bought an electric blanket for my bead to keep him warm and he sleeps on it all day long, but when I come to bed he leaves the blanket and sleeps on my head. Bo is an old cat (16) and sleeps a lot, but when I cook dinner and it is something he likes (shrimp, steak, chicken..etc) he will come out and stake out his spot by where my BF eats dinner - I swear he knows the words for food and knows what we are having before dinner before I even get the meat out of the fridge. My BF always saves food and divides it up for all the animals, despite me not wanting them to eat table scraps.

My new kitten, who I've named Isabel, is a chubby little waddling kitten. I've only had her two weeks, but she is also very handy with her paws like Abby. She is so cute I can barely stand it. I melt into a puddle of goo whenever I look at her. So far her only habit that stands out isn't so funny, but she gets in her litterbox and spends five minutes each time trying to cover. Litter flies everywhere - she really can make a mess. Sometimes I have to look at her and say "that's enough" before she'll get out and stop digging. I figure she's young and never had a litterbox at the barn (just a big sand area where the horses like to roll) and doesn't know exactly what to do there.

kb2yjx
02-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Norton likes to scoop water from the kitchen sink facet to drink! And he is VERY neat about it!!

AbbyMom
02-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I met this cat lover in PETsMART who told me about how finicky her cat was about his litter box....when he had to "go," he would find her wherever she was in the house and MEOW! MEOW! at her until she stopped what she was doing and followed him to the litter box where she stood with pooper scooper in hand, waiting for him to finish his business. :p

moosmom
02-05-2006, 06:05 PM
My hairless cat MooShoo sleeps with me every single night, under the covers with his head on the pillow. When I first get into bed, he comes up and I lift the covers for him to go under them. He takes off because the bed isn't warm enough for his liking. He comes back again another 5-10 minutes later and we go through the same routine, only the second time is when he finally settles in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: