PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for Italy pics?

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
:D I thought I'd share the pictures I took in Italy. They are really random though. Some are really pretty! Please enjoy!

The first one is of clouds on the plane. It's hard to tell! :o

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Hope you like those to! :D

beeniesmom
01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Gasp... Beautiful. Brings back lots of memories.
I recognise PISA and The sunflowers on the way to Rimini!

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Beautiful! When were you in Italy? Did you have a good time? I've always wanted to go there :D

Husky_mom
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
it might sound weird but how much $$$ do you need to go to Italy???

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
We were in Tuscany. But we went all over the place. Rome,Pisa,Florence,San giminmo,Seina,and some little walled cities. Yes, I had an awesome time! Except for some old friend of my moms. She acted like she WAS my mom. LOL! But after ignoring her I had a wonderful time:)

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, we didn't pay exactly. My godfather planned a HUGE present for my godmother. It was her birthday. So he got 36 of her closest friends and we went to Italy. We stayed in an HUGE villa. I will see if I have any pics of that. Plus, you may need alot depending on where you go or how long you stay.

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
it might sound weird but how much $$$ do you need to go to Italy???

Way more than I have! The plane ticket alone would be too much. Go to a site like www.expedia.com and check out what the prices would be for you.

EDIT: I just went on and checked - they were about $621 each (that's only one way, an additional $621 for the way home :( ) I can't quite afford that yet!

caseysmom
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I went to Italy back in 82, back then exchange rates were great. The dollar went very far, now its not the case. You can shop for reasonable hotels though.

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Here is the place we stayed in. Pics of it anyway!
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=villa+collalto+tuscan

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Way more than I have! The plane ticket alone would be too much. Go to a site like www.expedia.com and check out what the prices would be for you.

EDIT: I just went on and checked - they were about $621 each (that's only one way, an additional $621 for the way home :( ) I can't quite afford that yet!

EDIT AGAIN: I might be wrong, I think it's only $621 round trip! I might be able to swing that!

beeniesmom
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
HOLY COW! A free trip for 36 people. WOW! Very generous of your God Father.
Hubby and I went in December and we stayed at my moms house and we still spent an arm and a leg.
Yeah... it was very cheap when I lived there. A dollar back then was worth 2 mila lira. You could buy a lot back then with 1 mila lire. Now the dollar is worth 1.20 euro more or less.

Tickets can be anywhere from 400 dollars to 3000 depending on the time of year.

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Expedia may have good deals. I don't know since I never planned a trip. But I've heard good things about it.

Husky_mom
01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
oh thanks but flight/hotel i checked in expedia already, but as for food/tours/shows/tickets for places and all stuff on the side.

itīs way more than i have also JenBKR but its a nice place to go if you have with what to go ;) so i was hoping to get an estimate ;)

EDIT: i just checked for flight/hotel combo as this is it
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=cmsh&qsfr=&itid=&itdx=&itty=&ecid=&dsct=&fpri=1&aasl=1&subm=1

itīs still too much but i think its worth it

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Well, we didn't pay exactly. My godfather planned a HUGE present for my godmother. It was her birthday. So he got 36 of her closest friends and we went to Italy. We stayed in an HUGE villa. I will see if I have any pics of that. Plus, you may need alot depending on where you go or how long you stay.

Is your godfather single, or would he like to adopt me :D

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes, he is a very generous person. :D

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
oh thanks but flight/hotel i checked in expedia already, but as for food/tours/shows/tickets for places and all stuff on the side.

itīs way more than i have also JenBKR but its a nice place to go if you have with what to go ;) so i was hoping to get an estimate ;)

Oh I see, sorry! LOL

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
LOL! He's not single. But he would probably adopt a stranger off the street. That's how nice he can be. :eek:

Husky_mom
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
dont worry jenbkr i didnt made myself clear, i edited my last post also almost 4,000 for flight /hotel roundtrip

and maltese-love note me down for adoption ok LOL ;)

caseysmom
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Of all my travels the best value I believe was Cancun...of course thats not too exotic for you if you are already from Mexico :D

Husky_mom
01-25-2006, 04:02 PM
iīve been to cancun twice and I LOVE IT is so pretty, it is kind of exotic since we live in the dessert so to speak and there is more "tropical", also believe it or not its more expensive to travel to mexico than to US weird but true, we do have some great places but even traveling to chihuahua, my own state, costs more i dont know why but thats how it is
http://www.dolphindreamtime.com/Our_Tours/Baja_Cape_Experience/Copper_Canyon/copper_canyon_small_opt.jpg
http://www.coppercanyonadventures.com/Basaseachi_Falls_side%20small.JPG
http://www.aeroreservaciones.com/barrancas_del_cobre_fotos/barrancas_del_cobre.jpg
http://www.aeroreservaciones.com/barrancas_del_cobre_fotos/barrancas_lago_arareco.jpg

caseysmom
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
About 3 or 4 years ago our whole family went to cancun for $3400, that included airfare, hotel and all of our food, plus 2 day trips. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming in an underground river. It also included alcohol :D

My kids were both under 12 at the time, it would probably be more now.

I have been to Hawaii and Cancun's beaches are much prettier, of course its really humid.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
LOVELY pics!! I hope to see that Tower of Pisa too one day!
You sure had a great trip!!

Alysser
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
:D WOW! 3400 bucks! That's REALLY good! Thanks for the comments and Mayaa ndInka's mom I'm sure you will.