PDA

View Full Version : are these reputable breeders?

dab_20
01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
In the newspaper there is an ad... I'll copy it down.

Yorkies, Maltese, and Poodle puppies; $500-800, papers, great show quality

When people are breeding so many dogs at one time, are they reputable breeders? Or just cheap BYBs trying to get money?

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
In the newspaper there is an ad... I'll copy it down.

Yorkies, Maltese, and Poodle puppies; $500-800, papers, great show quality

When people are breeding so many dogs at one time, are they reputable breeders? Or just cheap BYBs trying to get money?
For one thing if they advertise in a Newspaper, they def. ARENT reputable....and Usually good breeders only focus on ONE breed.

lv4dogs
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Chances are it's a puppy mill or BYB.

You'll never know for sure until you re-search it more but seems like PM or BYB to me.

Muddy4paws
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds like someone whos breeding for money to me, Avoid it :)

dab_20
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok, thanks. :)

My Dad went to go see some Jack russel terrier puppies a couple months ago. Well the people didn't really want him to see the parents and living space but he said he woulden't get one without seeing the parents and living space. Well the mom was barking her head off and was VERY dirty and the living space was just disguisting so we didn't get the puppy. It was cute though. lol

Vela
01-24-2006, 02:50 PM
No reputable breeder who does all of the adequate health testing and breeds for the improvement of the breed will ever advertise in the newspaper. They don't need to, they have waiting lists a mile long for puppies. If you see it in the paper, don't bother.

Suki Wingy
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Some of the best breeders have been in two breeds at a time, if they adverise three all different breeds available now and they price in the paper I WOULD NOT trust them.

Alysser
01-24-2006, 04:33 PM
No reputable breeder who does all of the adequate health testing and breeds for the improvement of the breed will ever advertise in the newspaper. They don't need to, they have waiting lists a mile long for puppies. If you see it in the paper, don't bother.

Very well put.

Jessika
01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
In my opinion. any good and reputable breeder will NEVER have to put an ad in the newspaper to sell their puppies. Not only that, but a reputable breeder would and should only focus on one or two breeds at a time! So my answer would be, no, from the fact they had to place the ad to even sell their puppies and the fact that they're breeding three different breeds.