PDA

View Full Version : Needing a home

puppybaby101
01-21-2006, 12:10 PM
We have 2 beautiful lil girl pups that need a home..They are 6 weeks old one is strawberry blonde and looks like her daddy *whispers* sexy boy..and the other is black and blonde with blue eyes like me *grins* she will look like me here silver hair is already coming thru nicely *winks* If you would like to give my girls a home please contact my owner she will let me know my girls are needed for a new family to love.Thanks in advance ~Madison~ and owner Puppybaby101 :)

dab_20
01-21-2006, 12:18 PM
what breed are they? sorry i can't have one, but i am sure someone would happily take in your puppies.

sammy101
01-21-2006, 12:29 PM
They sound cute but i cant take one.What breed are they?they sound much to young to be taken away from there mom..are they fosters?

puppybaby101
01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
:D They are Husky/Lab mix . They were born 12-12-05 so they are ready to get a new family. My girls are already weened and eating puppy food *whew* now I can rest and recoup from the nursing ;) .My owner wants to show pictures of my girls to show everyone. ;)

bckrazy
01-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Is this an accidental litter, or did you intentionally breed them? I hope the Mom and Dad are going to be spayed and neutered. Really, there are sooooo very many mixed breed pups out there in shelters being euthanized, the world does not need more homeless pups :(.

You should really, honestly consider keeping the pups for just 2 more weeks. They're basically newborns right now, and the badly need to learn proper social behavior from their Mommy before going to a new home. You can also be sure they're healthy and have completed their shots and dewormings by 8 weeks old. Spend this time between 6-8 weeks introducing them to every strange person/child/dog (obviously, only healthy known dogs) possible and begin their training. You should really consider selling them on a spay/neuter contract, so more accidental litters aren't brought into the world. Also, be sure that the new families know about the very active personalities of Labs and Huskies, and that they will probably be very large pups! Consider posting them at http://www.petfinder.com in the classifieds, and charge around $100 adoption fee, so that you know the adopters are dedicated.

Here are some links, about keeping pups for 8 weeks. In the state of California, and probably many other states, it is ILLEGAL to sell puppies before the age of 8 weeks.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/whelpingphotos8.htm

Suki Wingy
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Erica's right

luvofallhorses
01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I agree with bckrazy.

buttercup132
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
VERY well said bc

Alysser
01-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Agreed with BCkrazy

Jessika
01-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Unless the mother has rejected them and/or they are fully and COMPLETELY weaned, they should not leave their mother earlier than 8 weeks.

In any case, I really hope they find wonderful new homes!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-23-2006, 08:28 PM
:mad: I'll be disgusted if you bred them intentionally...

And 6 weeks isn't even old enough to let the pup go to his new home. :( :(