PDA

View Full Version : Well, it is day # 29.....AAAHHHHHHH

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
That means that yesterday was the last day of the ringworm medicine for the crew. 28 daily doses for 20+cats.

The good news is no new ringworm spots on any of my cats.

The bad news is, last week I noticed a new spot on foster DaVinci. He will be doing another month (actually 3 weeks today). And Tizal is also recovering from RW (that is why I picked him to come here as a foster). He will get a few more weeks as well.

But, I guess after doing ALL those doses, 2 cats will seem like a breeze.

Now, I can only pray it is not living inside this house (and unfortunately, I bet that it is :( ).

Heavy sigh of relief. We made it. :)

catnapper
01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Woohoo! Sit back, relax and enjoy a treat! You deserve it!

I too hope that the RW is gone for good once the two remaining boys are treated.

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm glad to hear that the treatments are over except for only 2 cats. Hopefully the ringworm is now gone for good. Starr's foster mom told me that once a cat is exposed to ringworm that they should be resistant to it. I hope that this is true. Good luck. :)

Killearn Kitties
01-17-2006, 04:29 AM
Still keeping my fingers crossed for you! I just can't fathom the work involved in treating all those cats! Good luck with DaVinci and Tizal.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Funny.....I was just thinking about this and I was going to start a post today asking how all the medicating was going. Now I don't have to. ;)

Glad to hear there have been no more outbreaks and everyone except the two are doing well.

However, how would you ever know if it's "living in the house" and how in the world would you get rid of it without redoing the entire house? Seems like there would be something you could do....maybe have a PT gathering to help you bleach the entire house?

Cataholic
01-17-2006, 11:07 AM
My hat is, once again, off to you, Jen!

Here is hoping for a RW free 2006 :D

jenluckenbach
01-17-2006, 02:08 PM
However, how would you ever know if it's "living in the house" and how in the world would you get rid of it without redoing the entire house? Seems like there would be something you could do....maybe have a PT gathering to help you bleach the entire house?
Shall we start planning this? If the west coast can have their BBQ, we can certainly match their enthusiasum (sp?) here in the east. ;)

Killearn Kitties
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Oh, what a tempting offer. :D :D :D :D :D Where shall I get a flight? Disinfectant? Rubber gloves?

kimlovescats
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Jen! Unfortunately ringworm can live for a very long time .... I think even a year or more ... but I could be wrong ... and I hope I am!!! ;)

jenluckenbach
01-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Congratulations Jen! Unfortunately ringworm can live for a very long time .... I think even a year or more ... but I could be wrong ... and I hope I am!!! ;)
No, You are correct. :( But I am hoping for the best.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Great news , Jen!! I am so happy too because the ringworm in Maya, Inka & Zazou is gone too :) . I hope (knocking on wood) that Zazou cnnot pass it on to Snoopy, as she (Zazou) is the carrier... :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
01-19-2006, 11:48 PM
WOW!! Great news! Lets hope it is over with!

A note of encouragement here... My daughter in law came to visit me YEARS ago and brought her cat. I had several at the time myself and didn't mind her bringing hers since they lived out of state.. After she left, I had a ringworm on my leg and couldn't figure out where I got it... She called me several weeks after she left to tell me her she had discovered her cat had the things and to check my cats.... I was the ONLY one that caught it....

smokey the elder
01-20-2006, 06:54 AM
I had a ringworm outbreak 3 years ago, fortunately I kept it confined to my "kitten room". After they recovered and were adopted, I was able to clean the room thoroughly (vacuuming, bleach solutions) and no one has gotten ringworm since, including many foster kittens.