PDA

View Full Version : Fister's tummy - what could it be??

Randi
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I’m a little worrried about Fister, I noticed yesterday that he has got this “thing” on his tummy - next to one of his nipples on the lower back. The fur is gone on an area about the size of a walnut. The “spot” is bright red and is like a very thin crust. I’ve felt around it, it’s not hard at all, and it doesn’t seem to bother him whatsoever. I have not seen him lick it. He has been playing and running around after a ball of yarn and he is eating and drinking normally. Nonetheless, I’ll send some pictures to my vet and ask what it could be. Please send some positive thoughts that it's nothing serious.

I managed to get a few pictures of what it looks like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fisters-tummy-8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/Fisterstummy2.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Hmmm....I really don't know what that would be, Randi. I sure hope the vet can give an idea from the pics and that it's nothing serious.

But in the meantime....how about a pic of Fister's face to tide us over until you get more info? ;)

.sarah
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Nova has gotten that before and the vet prescribed an ointment. She had more than one though, and it was just a form of pyoderma (or a staph infection).

She's also gotten it since then, but just had one here or there and I didn't take her to the vet when she had just one and it went away on it's own.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Lots of prayers and crossed paws here that our Fister is just having a tiny boo boo!

Randi
01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your replies, I'm of course anxious to hear what the vet says, but I really don't think it's something serious.

And in the meantime, as requested .... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Fister/Fister/F-looking-cute-by-Mac.jpg

jenluckenbach
01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Poor Fister. Hopefully it can be diagnoses and cleared up soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2006, 04:52 PM
And in the meantime, as requested .... :)

Awww Fister, you are just too durn adorable!

Thanks, Randi. :D

catnapper
01-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I have no idea what that could be! I never saw anything like that. I hope the vet can give you an opinion on what it might be!

He looks oh so handsome in the photo - sending lots of good wishes to that sweet orangie boy!

kb2yjx
01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Fingers crossed for good news for Fister!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Randi, I sure hope it's nothing serious. Maybe it's some kind of hot spot. Have you seen him scratching it at all?

He sure looks handsome in his picture. :) Please continue to keep us updated about him.

Barbara
01-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Fister sure looks relaxed and cuddly. I hope it is just a little eczema and can be cured with some ointment. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Oops, with all the commotion about Snoopy, I didn't see this thread :o

To me it looks a bit like ringworm! It us a big job to get rid of it, but it is not life-treatening. Have you been to the vet yet? I will keep all our fingers and paws crossed for Fister!!

kb2yjx
01-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Any word yet???

Randi
01-17-2006, 11:27 AM
No, I haven't heard from the vet yet. I asked if he would contact me if he thought it was something serious, so ..... hopefuly it's not! But then, he may be busy.

Fister is eating, drinking and playing, that's at least reassuring. :)

Kirsten
01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, looks like an eczema to me, too.

Fister, get well soon! You're looking so relaxed and cuddly in that picture! :)

Kirsten

heidiv
01-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I haven't seen this before either?? Hopefully its just a skin irritation. I must comment on the picture. Hes adorable and I just want to just hug him. :D

kimlovescats
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
The shape looks sort of like ringworm ... but maybe it is just a type of eczema or something. Hopefully you will get a conclusive answer from your vet soon!

Hugs,
Kim

Randi
01-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks all! I managed to get a look today while he was laying next to the computer - it looks much better! :)

The vet didn't reply yet - I did ask him to contact me if he thought it was something serious, so it probably isn't :) - or he is busy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2006, 09:10 AM
How is Fister now, Randi? If your vet didn't reply yet, I would give him a call. IF it is ringworm, then the sooner you react the better!
Good luck Fister boy!!

Randi
01-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Sorry for not updating, I did get a reply from the vet, he didn't think it was serious, but if there was any suppurate? he should have some Noroclav - 1 tablet 2 times daily for 5 days). However, it seems to have disappeared. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
However, it seems to have disappeared. :)

Yippie!! That is the most important thing, hey!!
Take care Fister!!