PDA

View Full Version : Around February 7th, April 2nd? - Florida?

Kfamr
01-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Nala's birthday is February 7th, Ki's is April 2nd.

Anyone willing to get together around those dates? :)

gemini9961
01-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I am interested. :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-09-2006, 05:38 PM
My mom wouldnt let me go to Florida...but I wish!

gemini9961
01-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Kay,

Sadie's 4th birthday is Feb 4th, maybe a combo birthday party for the girls?? :D

Kfamr
01-11-2006, 10:15 PM
That'd be great, Amber!

Any Saturday, Sunday, or Wednesday is good for me. Some specific dates..

Saturday/Sunday - February 4th & 5th
Wednesday - February 8th (day after Nala's birthday)
Saturday/Sunday - February 11th & 12th

Or more towards Ki's birthday...

Saturday/Sunday - April 1st & 2nd (Sunday is Ki's birthday.)
Wednesday - April 5th
Saturday/Sunday - April 8th & 9th

We could always have one for Sadie & Nala and then have another in April for Ki?

.sarah
01-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh man I'd love to come. There are some dog shows I'm interested in going to down towards your area. I'll have to look at the dates and see if they are near the party dates!

IF I do come, would it be okay for both Nova and Luka to come or is only one dog allowed? Probably a silly question, but I don't want to impose :p

gemini9961
01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I will check the ol work schedule and see what I can do. Saturdays are usually always good for me too. I forgot, Grant's birthday is this month. Well I think it is. The shelter said his birthday was January 2004 so anyday in January is his birthday. It can be a Nala, Sadie and Grant birthday party. Woohoo!!!

Kfamr
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Sarah, I will more than likely have it at the dog park, so as many dogs as you want to bring! What are some good dates for you?

Would we rather have one in February, then one in April as well?

I am going to a dog event in March FOR SURE, I'm going to post about it to see if anyone else would like to attend.

gemini9961
01-15-2006, 07:03 AM
One in February and one in April sounds great. Maggie's birthday is June 13th, so possibly one then too? :D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-15-2006, 08:07 AM
I'll have to see if Justin is up for a drive over. It would be either one or the other but probably not both, it's an exhausting trip for all of us (dogs included).

Sundays are out for us. Nacey will be starting her advanced training class in february and they're on sundays.

Justin's sister's baby shower is sometime, I think in March (though, I'm not sure?) The baby is due in April.
And my grandpa will be here sometime in late march or April, again I'm not sure.

Plan it around everyone else's schedules and let me know what you decide. Hopefully we can make it.

Kfamr
01-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Calling tomorrow to reserve a pavillion for February 4th.

I'll make a new thread with information and all when we get the pavillion for sure.

areias
01-15-2006, 12:05 PM
I'll see if I can come up February 4th..but I am having oral surgery sometime at the end of January, beginning of February, so it depends on if I feel up to it. I would probably bring Boomer and the new puppy, if possible, if I can come. :) I"ll keep you updated.

Kfamr
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
So is the 4th okay for everyone?

beeniesmom
01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I wanted to be sure.
Feb 7th is really not possible for me. I can't take a day off already.
As April gets closer, I'll know if it's a yes or no.
Thx for the invite.

Oops I just saw the change to the 4th... Ummm.
Don't know.... maybe.

.sarah
01-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry to bump this thread up ;)

I talked to my mom last night and she said that we could come to a party in April!! :D There is one week in April that isn't good for us (the 17-22) but anything else should be alright. :)

gemini9961
01-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Kay....can you/we start getting one in the works for April since Sarah said she would be able to come. Carmen.........could you make it with enough notice? Anyone else??

beeniesmom
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
April sounds good.
It really would have to be on a weekend though.
:)

Kfamr
01-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, I did post dates in April in hopes someone would chime in one those... So, pick a date!

I'll reserve the spot and get the food. ;) I'm kinda down as I always plan for people to attend and then it ends up 1 or 2 people coming.

Saturday/Sunday - April 1st & 2nd would be my choice.

.sarah
01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
My mom said the last weekend in April would be best, but we can try to make it any time in April except for the 17-22. The reason is because we are planning a pretty big event for the humane society that happens on the 22nd.

I'll talk to her about that weekend tonight. The next board meeting for the HS is next week so my mom can ask if she'll be needed on those dates (probably not).

gemini9961
01-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Saturdays are good for me, I work Sundays. I will come for sure.

.sarah
01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
My mom said April 1-2 would be fine! :) I sent you a PM with a few questions though.

Kfamr
01-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Okay, since Saturdays are good for Amber-

How about we make it April 1st - we can celebrate a day early for Ki!

I'll probably have it at my house, she'll have a blast in the pool and I'm sure Luka & Nova would enjoy that. Besides, it'll probably be really hot in April so we can have the option of AC if we want.

Sarah wants to visit the dog beach - so we can go there for sunset or something.

Is that okay with everyone? I'll work on an official post, of time/etc if it is.

gemini9961
01-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Kay that sounds good for me. I'll have to mark it on my calendar. Glad we are having it that weekend, since hubby's birthday is the weekend after. Maybe I can get Grant in the pool :eek: :D

beeniesmom
01-29-2006, 09:36 AM
ACTUALLY.... APRIL 1ST sounds very possible and good for us too!
:)
It's a definate maybe though.... I will be able to confirm soon.
Kay Ann, what dog friendly hotel is near your area?
We (me, hubby, beenie and frankie) would probably drive down Friday and stay the night at the dog friendly hotel and then Saturday have our PT meeting/pic nic :)

gemini9961
01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Carmen,

I did this little search and here are 2 hotels that are in her area (Palm Harbor) that allow dogs. Click here. (http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Florida/PALM_HARBOR/index.html) However, Kay may know of more. Safety Harbor, Clearwater and Dunedin areas I don't think are that far away either.

Amber :D

Kfamr
01-29-2006, 11:57 AM
The Knights Inn is right in front of my neighborhood and is usually the one people stay at if they come and visit. :)

Anyone is welcome to stay at our home, too.. We have a guest bedroom with 2 beds and can make room for crates if needed. :)

I really hope this works out for you all to come!

I'm thinking I may just have it at the dog park instead of my house. I think it'd be a lot better so my three don't feel threatened.

.sarah
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Sounds great! :D

beeniesmom
01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Still sounds good!
We will stay at one of the hotels.
For now Hubby said YES!!!
He better not change his mind at the last minute or I will be very MAD :mad: at him.
What shall we bring if we have it at the park? Food stuff?
THAnks for the hotel info!

sabies
03-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Wish I could go! When we visited FL last year and saw Kay we stayed at the Best Western Palm Harbor and it was very nice. Just watch out for the gators!