PDA

View Full Version : Another update on Rocky, the sick rottie (+ pic)

Kirsten
01-08-2006, 09:53 AM
About two weeks ago, I have told you about my parents' dog Rocky, who is very ill:

My parents' dog Rocky will soon be at the Bridge (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=95449)
Update on Rocky, the rottie who's very ill (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=95676)

Now I thought it's time for another update!

Rocky's poor condition (on Dec. 26, he was doing so bad that we where sure it was time for him...) has improved during the past week, he has a good appetite and even eats his dry food again, and he seems to have regained some weight. And he still loves to go out for a walk. So right now, he seems to do well and is definitely enjoying his life.

But of course we know that it's only just a question of time. Last week, he wanted to jump into the car - and fell, because he's too weak.

Since we didn't know what exactly caused this distinct spleen enlargement, I called my parents' vet last week and asked him some questions. Turned out that he didn't do any more tests, but from the x-ray shot, he was pretty sure that it's some form of cancer, either in the spleen itself, or leukemia. He said again that Rocky's condition is so poor that a surgery would probably kill him. He said that there will be some ups and downs until the end comes. I asked him how much time he thinks Rocky still has, and he said it could be everything between 2 weeks and 6 months... :(

Here's one of my favourite photos of Rocky, he looks so friendly in this one! :)
It's not a new photo, almost three years old, but here you can see what a beautiful face he has:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky8.jpg

I'll keep you updated!

Kirsten

Alysser
01-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Thank you so much for the update! I've been wondering about him. It's so great that he is improving but unfourtnatly has cancer. Prayers on the way.

sammy101
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
thats good he has a goos appetite!He has a beautiful face. please keep us updated :)

.sarah
01-08-2006, 10:04 AM
It's good to hear that he's feeling better. I've been thinking about him. I hope your parents are doing okay as well.

Rocky looks so handsome in that picture!

anna_66
01-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks for updating Kristen.

I'm glad to hear that Rocky hasn't left for the bridge yet and is feeling a bit better. I know those ups and downs well. It was similar for our Angus.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you but make sure you/your family enjoy & spend as much time as you/they can with him.

Love and hugs to Rocky
Anna

cyber-sibes
01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
That 's wonderful that you will get to spend a little more time with Rocky. He sure is a handsome guy! That's a great photo. (((hugs))) Rocky!

Daisy and Delilah
01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
What a super boy he is! He is so handsome. I sure hope you all get alot more quality time with him. Keep feeling better Rocky :D

Ginger's Mom
01-08-2006, 10:35 AM
I am glad to hear that Rocky is feeling better, and that your family are getting to spend some additional time with that handsome boy. Big hugs to him and your family.

Roxyluvsme13
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Rocky's such a pretty boy. :( Sending more thoughts and prayers for him.

Corinna
01-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Thank you and I'm so glad he's doing better.

poofy
01-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh Rocky , my heart goes out to you..

Kirsten
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank you everyone! :) I will tell my mom what you all have said about Rocky (she doesn't speak English).

And yes, it's nice that we still have some quality time with him. :)

Kirsten