PDA

View Full Version : selling my snake gorge

buttercup132
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
ive decided i am goin to find him a new home because after being attacked by him i have become afraid of him, my freind might be buying him off me. and my mom really want a red footed tortise so we are goin to try and convince my dad to let us have one scince we will have a huge tank.

please dont be mad at me for this ,im doing what i think is best for MY pet.
he needs a home where he will get tons of attention and handled more often and i just cant do that.

Flatcoatluver
01-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I know how it feels (((HUGS))) I had to give away share because she was attacking me (DUCK) and it tuff, but share ended up getting a great home where they show her and she has actually gotten a first place, I really belive everything happends for a reson and so I bet it's better for him. (((hugs)))

Miss Z
01-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Aaaaaw, i hope you find him a really good home soon. And i don't think anyone should get mad at you, as you said, you're doing what is in the best interests of your snake, and i expect that it takes a lot of courage to give your pet away.

Roxyluvsme13
01-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Aww I hope you find Gorge a great home, where he's loved as much as you love him. (((HUGS)))

Allecto
01-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Aw, I am very sad to hear that. Corns are hardly known for their aggression, so if you want to talk to me maybe we could figure out what triggered Gorge? Snakes tend to strike more out of instinct than 'emotion'. I think it is a shame to see you give up on him this way, but I know you will do the best thing for him, and you know better than I do what is best for him right now. Please make sure your friend nows how to care for him, and if you'd like any tips to pass on to your friend on how to avoid bites as much as possible, just let me know. :( Don't beat yourself up, though, if you know he is going to a good home.

CathyBogart
01-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry I didn't respond to your PM right away. I rehomed a snake that got too aggressive for me to handle, so I definitely understand where you're coming from, and I know you'll find him the best home.

buttercup132
01-07-2006, 06:20 PM
thanks guys , allecto i forgot u had snakes, i was trying to find everyone on PT that had a snake so i could ask them about something when orge got hurt and about his agression,i know corns are supposed to be the best beginner snakes and gorge was he was very freindly thats why i bought him(also he had been stuck in super pet for 2 years in a small tank) but on the brighter side im getting a red footed tortise , its gonna be kind of like the whole family thing

Chilli
01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry... and I certainly wouldn't get mad at you for something like this, I know how it feels to have to re-home a pet. I'm certain Gorge will go to a wonderful home! :D

flamepony12
01-08-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry you have to get rid of Gorge, hopefully you will find a nice home for him.

However, I must say, we have a red-footed tortoise, and he's great. haha. about one step up from a hermit crab on the care level.. they're very low matinence. and very cute too. hehe. good luck. :)

crazy_caique
01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I think you are doing the right thing.If you are scared to handle him then you are doing the right thing You are giving to a home where he will be handled and have more time out of his tank.I am sorry I know you love him but you are showing you love him by knowing you have to give him up.That is the hardest love. :(