PDA

View Full Version : Are you always in a hurry?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-31-2005, 11:05 AM
And how much of a risk are you willing to take to be in a hurry?

Just curious.

Being in the motorhome, we see a lot of idiot drivers, and I can only imagine what truck drivers experience.

We were just on a two lane highway in far Southern Alabama. Yes we're big, and yes we're long, but the speed limit is 55 and Terry is going between 55 and 60. An idiot in a big SUV tried to pass us and almost ran a little red car that was going the other way off the road. The idiot SUV driver pulled over, and next thing you know he's behind us again. This time he passed when there was a line of 4 or 5 cars coming the other way. If Terry had not slammed on the brakes, the guy would not have made it back into his own lane - taking out at least 3 cars and us along with himself. Where is somebody going in such a hurry that it's worth that kind of risk? I just don't understand people like this..... :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :( :confused: The only good thing I can say is he at least waited for the double yellow line to disappear before passing. :rolleyes:

If you are always in a hurry, please, just slow down, it's not worth the risk.

chocolatepuppy
12-31-2005, 11:33 AM
I always seem to be in a hurry, but never on the road. I don't drive fast or pass unless I have to. I do believe if people would take it a little slower on the highways there would be less accidents and deaths. ;)

Felix
12-31-2005, 11:35 AM
I never hurry when it comes to driving...too dangerous :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
12-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Try driving here in SoCal....where crossing four lanes of traffic at 70 mph to get to an exit is perfectly normal.

I always want a sign to hold up that says...."get up earlier stupid!"

Corinna
12-31-2005, 01:12 PM
We are in our winter terriost I mean tourist mode. They don't kknow how to drive in the snow and thing the rented 4 wheel drive makes it safe to do 60 mph. I leave all the winter driving to hubby. I fly to may birds in a frustrated mood when driving.

Barbara
12-31-2005, 02:13 PM
I used to drive more risky when I was younger. You know- just like "Why is that snail on the road?" I drive absolutely different right now - thinking why take a risk if it only gets you ten seconds.

jackie
12-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Where I live street racing is a real menace. The thing I hate most is that these idiots never just kill themselves, they have to take others out with them by driving like dumb ****s. :mad:

moosmom
12-31-2005, 03:49 PM
I have noticed that people seem to be in an awful hurry lately. I drive 60-65 miles per hours in the right lane. If they don't think I'm going as fast as THEY'D like me, let 'em pass me!!

Don't EVEN get me started on SUV's. They think they're invincible.

Miss Z
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, i don't drive being 13 and all, but i don't really hurry a lot.:D ;)

My mum hates speeding drivers, and it really is stupid in my opinion. My dad used to speed when he had his jaguar car, cuz believe me that went FAST, and then a bit with his mercedes, but now he has a people carrier cuz we have much more space and it's more comfy.... plus the fact my mum is satisfied cuz he can't speed in it!!!! LOL;)