PDA

View Full Version : Cats that hide or run off with your things.

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2002, 09:18 PM
All three of my cats have either hidden something of mine or they've run off with it in their mouths. I was missing my watch and I had a feeling that one of the cats had knocked it off the dresser and played with it. Sure enough I found the watch under my couch. Another time one of my shoes was missing. Pepper had dragged it down the hall and the shoelace was half eaten. When I clean their litter boxes, I use a ziploc bag to put the waste in. I had laid the bag down for a moment to go do something else and then I noticed it was gone. Sunny was running down the hall with it in his mouth. He's done this two times so far so I have to keep an eye on the bags. Sometimes I think that they act a little dogs.:D :D

AmberLee
04-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Klepto-Kitties, eh?

Sound like they keep you on your toes! (And that you love it.)

Nomilynn
04-06-2002, 11:37 PM
I have a story about cats playing with things that I can't decide if it's gross or funny.

I used to live with my grandmother, and at night she would take out her teeth. One night she went to the table to find them and couldn't. She asked me if I had seen her teeth? I said um, no.. eew! Anyway, way back under her table was her bottom teeth - Bassett had knocked them off and had been playing with them!!

EEEEWWW!!!!!!:eek:

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 12:00 AM
***rofffffffffffl*** Mine don't steal stuff yet...

LoudLou
04-07-2002, 12:46 AM
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/Miscmun.gif I have just laughed so hard I lost my Dentures on the desk.;)

Lachesis
04-07-2002, 03:26 AM
Lou ya crack me up!!!

lynnestankard
04-07-2002, 07:51 AM
Nomilynn - welcome to Pet Talk and that is soooooo funny (gross yes! But funnier!!) it's almost like a cartoon - it was a definite case of ROTFL :D :D

Kate - LOL - where do you find those great 'thingies'!!!?

Mine don't take stuff - but hide stuff under the settee and fridge - we had a thread about this ages ago didn't we?

Lynne

Former User
04-07-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
we had a thread about this ages ago didn't we?

Lynne

yup, we did indeed!:) But it's nice to have threads woken again, since we get new members all the time, nice to hear what's going on on everyones house....:D

Randi
04-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Nomilynn! ROTFL :D :D :D Today's laugh!! That is hilarious - fit for a Monty Python!!

purrley
04-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Lou - you're a hoot - love those choppers:D :D :D

04-09-2002, 11:00 AM
hey Nomilynn , you do not mention where you found the upper-teeth ??!!! Waw , if you ever encounter a cat with a huge mouth , have a peek , you might discover a human set of teeth ....:D :D :D

LoudLou
04-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Lynne- You can find the 'thingies' here :

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/

:D

Ila
04-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Misty liked getting on my vanity and picking up my lipstick and eyeliner. I knew if it was not ther look under the sofa that is where she kept her stash.:)

purrley
04-10-2002, 06:59 AM
This morning I put a pair of knee high nylons on my dresser, the last pair I had, walked into another room. When I came back one of the socks was gone:mad: , couldn't find it. Today I'm wearing my shoes without nylons:p The culprit???? Could be one of 4:D :D

Pam
04-10-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by purrley
This morning I put a pair of knee high nylons on my dresser, the last pair I had, walked into another room. When I came back one of the socks was gone:mad: , couldn't find it. Today I'm wearing my shoes without nylons:p The culprit???? Could be one of 4:D :D

:D :D Good one! Isn't it amazing how quickly they can get into trouble! Recently I was trying to put together a little shelf thing with drawers that my mom had gotten. There was a little plastic bag of screws that had come with the kit. I walked out of the room and presto the plastic bag is gone. I have looked high and low and, since Bella has yet to climb on a table (haha!) I know that one of my kitties is the culprit. Meantime the shelf will stay unassembled at least for now. :rolleyes: