PDA

View Full Version : What Breed do you think this is??

Mixeddogsrock
12-29-2005, 02:52 PM
This is rebel he turns 1 yr old this month and i have absolutely NO idea what he is if you could help that would be great thanks

Husky_mom
12-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Perhaps Golden Retriever/bloodhound?? Or Basset??

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
He's got some hound in him thats for sure.
Coonhound mixes are the most common of hound mixes but he looks more like a bloodhound or basset mix, something with longer, thinker, droopier ears & eyes.
He's probably got some golden ret. or yellow lab in him to make his coat an even tan color.

Do you have a full body shot of him?

He is a cutie thats for sure.

Mixeddogsrock
12-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Here is the full body shot

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I would guess lab & coonhound. He's got the lab shape & color & the coonhound shaped face & muzzle. He also has the height of a coonhound. His ear seem a little long or thick or something off for either breed but being a mix that could very well happen.

Flatcoatluver
12-29-2005, 03:41 PM
yep, i agree with iv4dogs, he is so beutiful!!!

k9krazee
12-29-2005, 04:38 PM
When I first looked at him I thought Bloodhound/Golden or Lab but now that I look at him more I can see where others are coming up with Coonhound. He is cute!!

Mixeddogsrock
12-29-2005, 04:40 PM
I found a picture of a coonhound lab mix on the internet and that is DEFINATELY what he is thanks to all for helping!!!!

EssTer
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
I would also guess lab / Coonhound :) very cute dog ;)

HayliWeimaraner
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I used to have a lab/dalmation mix that had the same shape ears/head/snout as your dog does. He looked like pure yellow lab with the exception of a couple hardly noticable darker spots on his fur (on his chest and underbelly). Certainly a lab, maybe a little dalmation in there ?!?

SemaviLady
01-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Here is the full body shotGenetically, since he has nonblack whiskers and appears to be 'clear red', his genes are e/e -- it is unlikely that he has a sable parent from any pure breed where all the dogs must have black hairs in their coat including whiskers.

In order to be an e/e, he has to have parents that are carriers of clear red recessive. This rules out quite a few working breeds that are required to have black pigment in their hair.

Possible breeds... The lab for example can be an e/e breed (yellow lab) and the bloodhound comes in a clear red according to the breed standard. So possibly there is a lab and a clear red bloodhound parent.

I'm not familiar with all the strains of working hounds where he may have gotten that ear... and I don't know if any of them come in a clear red. But to research the possibilities, you'd need to narrow the potential breeds to those that carry clear red.

Tralee
01-24-2006, 09:18 PM
In the full body shot the end of his tail is translucent. I have to go do some research about what dogs have see through tails.lol

SemaviLady
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
In the full body shot the end of his tail is translucent. I have to go do some research about what dogs have see through tails.lolStealth tail wagging coming "decloaked".

A part of Klingon Technology?

bre_boxers
01-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Definetly some lab... maybe some Redbone, and probubly some kind of Coonhound.

Lady's Human
01-24-2006, 09:36 PM
and a big dose of photoshop.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Depending on what setting the camera is on and the lighting conditions in the room, body parts can appear like this dogs tail. I have a few pictures where Tango's tail looks like that.....

Anyway, I also think he's a Lab/hound mix. Not sure what type of hound though.

Suki Wingy
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I used to have a lab/dalmation mix that had the same shape ears/head/snout as your dog does. He looked like pure yellow lab with the exception of a couple hardly noticable darker spots on his fur (on his chest and underbelly). Certainly a lab, maybe a little dalmation in there ?!?
NO. Labs can have dark mismarks, just look at .sarah's dogs. DalmatiAns have to have a white background, that is a whole other gene.