PDA

View Full Version : donkey

dab_20
12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
We are breeding my donkey, Jack, next spring and we're going to keep the baby. The female lives at my dad's friend's cousin's house. (lol) Jack, then, will live at my dad's friend's house, and we will keep the baby.
Here is the female: (shes the one in front) http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/female.jpg

And here is Jack: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/jack.jpg

Too bad the gestation period is so long... we won't get the baby until 2007. But I'm excited!!

Husky_mom
12-28-2005, 04:24 PM
thr front front one, i kinda like better the third from right to left, but i know nothing about donkeys LOL

Allecto
12-28-2005, 11:01 PM
My grandparents used to keep donkeys when I was little. I loved visiting them! I haven't seen one in years. Good luck with your baby.

Just curious, what made you decide to give up Jack?

lv4dogs
12-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Jack has a hoof problem right? Is that genetic or is it caused by lack or proper care? I couldn't remember but I thought it was the later of the two.

I love Donkeys and had no idea their gestation period is that long. You learn something new everyday. lol

Good luck!

buttercup132
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
:confused: you got rid of jack??
and wich female they are all in front lol

dab_20
12-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Jack is not ours in the first place. My dad's friend's son bought Jack at an auction and doesn't have a barn to protect it from the winter weather. So we are just keeping him for the winter.

The reason we are breeding him with that first Donkey is because it's the same breed of donkey as jack. They are Abbysian (sp?) donkeys.

It's the female with the strip on her shoulder. (the one farthest right)

crazy_caique
12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Congrats!Jack will love getting to run with the other donkeys!The baby will be so cute because Jack and his mate are so cute.(i think i used cute to mean times) :)

dab_20
01-02-2006, 07:08 PM
LOL thanks. Well Jack isn't going to that home with the other donkeys. I'm afraid that the explanation I was trying to give about where he will permantly live was a bit confusing. lol

Toby's my baby
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
The female donkey is GORGEAUS!! I love it!

Alysser
01-02-2006, 08:19 PM
AW! That's so wonderful. Hope the baby is healthy! :D

jackie
01-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Too cute!

My mother's neighbor has a donkey that she keeps out with her horses, I love him to bits. He wants to be a horse SOOOOOOOO bad, and when they are all frolicking he tries to join in then they all stop and look at him funny. Poor little guy! But he gets lots of extra carrots and pats from us for trying so hard to be a horsie.

dab_20
01-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks everyone! Awww, cute. I know Jack can get really excited when I take him on walks and he will start to trot and I've got to run to keep up with him. Our pasture isn't fenced in yet, we only have the pole things up. So he has to always stay in the barn. He's quite over weight right now... he'll lose it in the spring when he goes to his new home. The goats LOVE him though. They follow him everywhere.