PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Inka please!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Today I noticed that Inka was very lethargic. When I scratched her chin, I felt a small "lump" there. 2 Hours later, the lump had doubled in size. This scared the hell out of me! My husband is out of the country for 2 days, so I have to get through this on my own.
I called the vet at 3 pm, and got an appointment at 4 pm.
By the time Inka got there, the lump had doubled in size again :eek: :eek:

The vet took her temperature immediately. Oh my gosh, Inka was fighting this VERY hard. After this was over, we noticed blood on her right paw: Inka bit in her own lip ....! Poor girl :(

The verdict was to leave Inka behind at the vet's, as this had to be operated as soon as possible :eek:

At 9pm, the vet finally called me to tell me what happened. She shaved Inka's chin,and tried to puncture that thingie. Then she had to sedate her completely as it would be to painful otherwise...!!! Oh man, I am always so scared when she has to be sedated. Due to her damaged brain, she reacts very weird when she wakes up: she is shaking all over.
But it all went well. The vet was able to empty that lump. It was FULL of yuckie pus...! She must have hurt herself lately, and that scar didn't cure at it should have. She rinced the wound and will do it again in the early morning. I may go and pick her up around 10 am.

Please pray with me that she will be okay, and that this thing doesn't come back.... :(

Poor girl, she must have been in lots of pain... . Thank God that I noticed this in time!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Lots of good thoughts and prayers going out for little Inky Pinky! What a scare for you, but thank goodness the vet was able to drain it and will clean it again in the morning. Poor little Inka. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Lots of prayers flying from me for you and sweetie Inka!!!

What a frightening thing to happen! :(

luvofallhorses
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh my goodness! :( The poor sweetie. I will pray for her that she'll be alright. (((((Lut & Inka))))))

lizbud
11-28-2005, 04:53 PM
How scary. Prayers that Inca gets over this infection quickly.
I'm so glad you found the lump & reacted to quickly.

petslover
11-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I hope Inka a speedy recovery!

furrykidsmother
11-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Poor Sweet Inka! I hope that she will be home with you soon and feeling much better! Good thoughts and prayers on their way!

rg_girlca
11-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Oh Lut, poor dear sweet Inka. I'm glad that you were able to get her to a vet so quickly.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that she has a full and speedy recovery.

((((((HUGS)))))) for you.

prechrswife
11-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Poor baby!! I hope this got everything taken care of and that Inka is feeling better very soon.

RedHedd
11-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Poor Inky Pinky. I'm glad you were able to get her to the vet so quickly. Prayers going out your way for a speedy recovery.

momcat
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Of course prayers are being prayed for Inka! Did your vet have any idea what the lump was or where it came from? Please give her some feel better tummy rubs for me? Groucho is very upset right now and he's worried about his lovely lady, Inka. Please let us know how she is?

jenluckenbach
11-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Prayers for Inka! That was some fast growing abscess. VERY scary. Glad you felt it so soon and were able to get her into the vet.

AbbyMom
11-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Prayers for a speedy recovery for Inka! I'm so glad you spotted this lump and got her to the vet ASAP!

Cinder & Smoke
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi God ~

Purrayer Kat, Boots, here ...

THANKS fur Helpin fix Inka up tuday!

Kuld You send wunna da Angel Kats down ta sit wiff her inna Hoppsbittel toonite?

Thanks again, God!

/s/ Purrayer Kat, Boots, anna Three Muttz

Felicia's Mom
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Prayers being sent to Inka!

sandragonfly
11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
oh dear! :eek: :( my heart came back up bouying.. glad it wasn't something dead.

more (extra extra because of the ark I have) prayers winging on way across ocean even though my heart sank for a moment.

sure hope she's allright and comes to her coziest purrfect home & heavenly garden soon!

so sorry saw this just now - late :rolleyes: ..((((lut firmly))))

gini
11-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Oh Lut, how it must have frightened you! Thank goodness you could get her into the vets immediately and have it drained.

You can count on prayers from me for little Inka. How she must have been hurting.

And I will slip in a prayer for you too.................

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Poor Inka. :( I'm glad that you noticed it and that the vet was able to help her quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Sonia59
11-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Poor sweet Inka! As I told you in my PM, she is in my thoughts and I pray for her quick recovery! She is in good hands!

Many kisses to her, and hugs to you Lut!
Sonia

Barbara
11-29-2005, 02:45 AM
All the best for Inka. These puncture wounds are dangerous as they can get infected under a very small surface scratch. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-29-2005, 03:46 AM
SHE IS HOME !!!

She is still very shaky on her paws! No food yet for her.
It was indeed a big abscess on her cheek that got infected. It was now loaded with thick yuckie pus, which gave her a high temperature.
She must get antibiotics for 5 days. I have to keep the wound a bit open for 2 days ( :eek: ), to let remaining fluids out. LET'S HOPE SHE LETS ME DO THIS :eek:
thanks for all the prayers!!

Sonia59
11-29-2005, 04:08 AM
Be sweet and cooperative, little Inka! Meowmie loves you and want you to recover very quickly, OK?
;)

kilbarchancats
11-29-2005, 04:34 AM
poor poor girlie, I feel sick reading this as I totally understand the worry you must have been going through. Thankfully though she would seem to be on the mend, but paws crossed she will have a quick and complete recovery. I hope the other two girls didn't miss their sister too much - that's just as disturbing isn't it seeing the little lost faces wondering where their companion is. hugs to them all

petslover
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh Inka. I sure am glad you are home. Please let your mommy give you the medicine. It will make you feel so much better... Please get better quickly. Please keep us updated Lut. I am so glad Inka has a good mommy like you to make her feel better. Hugs to Lut!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Inka has been so quiet all day now. She just sits there like a meat loaf, looking at the world around her. No activities for her!! She ate a bit of wet food for lunch, so that is okay. This evening I have to pill her :eek: ; I will need another pair of hands to hold her!! Poor girl...! Then I have to re-open the wound (get crust of) and desinfect it. Gini gave me great advise and told me to use a warm wet cloth. Keep us in your thoughts, please....

Her balance is gotten worse because of the sedation. Every 4 steps, she just rolls over; let's hope that gets better by tomorrow!!

furrykidsmother
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
So glad to hear that she is home and has eaten a little something. Speedy recovery to Inka and good luck to you helping her in the healing process.

sandragonfly
11-29-2005, 12:04 PM
hooray she's home!

five days doesn't sounds bad but I understand this is scary. maybe you can start by stroking, talking her before you do anything to her, things should be easier.

I hope the 'squishy' & 'pop in pill' duties will go well tonight, pray for this recovery go quicker and that both will feel better!

((((lut)))) & {{{{inka}}} http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif

..the us!

Randi
11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Oh, poor Inka! :( I'm glad you got her to the vet so soon. Now she probably needs to rest, and then you can spoil her rotten. ;)

Good luck giving her the medicine, and rinsing her wound. :)

Donnaj4962
11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Poor little Inka! I am just reading this thread, and I could feel your pain and concern throughout!

I am glad that the vet was able to see her right away, and that she is now home and eating some. Please keep us posted. Lots of prayers and warm thoughts from me and the girls for a speedy recovery. :)

momcat
11-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm so relieved to know that lovely Inka is home now! Poor sweetie must have been not only in pain but so scared. I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt through all this and my heart and prayers go out to you.

Hi lovely Inka! Glad to know you're home safe with your Meowmie now. Groucho is still quite upset and worried about you, still can't get a flight to Belgium so he can be with you, hold your paw, and give you feel better snuggles. We know you're a good girl and you'll let Meowmie give you pills and clean your little face so you can get better very soon :)

Medusa
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Yikes! That was some abcess, like Alien or something. :eek: But I'm glad she's home and w/you where she can get lots of TLC.

Blessings,
Mary

rg_girlca
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Lut, I'm glad to hear that precious Inka is home. I pray that she will be a good little patient and let you do what you have to do to make her all better.

I also pray that her balance will be better tomorrow.

Get well soon sweetie and have a full and speedy recovery. :)

((((((HUGS))))))

Sonia59
11-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Hi my little "niece" Inka! How are you doing this morning? Better and better I hope! Did you get nice treats from meowmie to recover quicker? ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Update

I'm sorry I couldn't write earlier, but I woke up with a huge migraine, which kept me in bed till now (2.30 pm) :(
I'm not sure about Inka. That abcess seems to have grown again, and I cannot "empty" it because the wound is closed. She is also not active. If she isn't better soon, I will call the vet and ask her to look at Inka again. She is not her usual talkative self, so it worries me a lot. I will keep you all updated!
She is a good girl in taking her meds: I put it in her wet food, and she ate it right away!! Good girl!!
Groucho, Inka is very happy with your words!! She says that in her mind she is already holding your paw!! :)

furrykidsmother
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear she is eating and taking her medicine. Sure hope the poor little girl is feeling better soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM
It is 5.30 pm now. Inka is still so calm, and the lump bigger. So..... I will call my vet in a minute. I cannot stand seeing her suffer like this. It is heartbreaking.... :(

5 minutes later
Okay, the vet wants to see Inka. I have an appointment at 6.30 pm. Oh please, I hope she doesn't have to stay there again :eek: . Being sedated is VERY bad for her condition. Her balance and mobility is a lot worse since monday... :(
I will try to update

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that Inka's still not doing well. :( Please get well soon Inka and lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

slick
11-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Lut, I'm sorry I have not replied sooner. All fingers and paws crossed for the little one and hopefully she'll be back to her usual self soon. I'll be watching for a positive uppydate.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Back home from the vet!

I was right, her abcess was filled with pus again. Not as much as first time though. The vet reopened the wound while I was holding Inka :eek: . She rinced it out again, and dissinfect it thouroughly again. She said that Inka is a lucky cat to have me as her meowmy :) . Now I have to keep on eye on it, and give her the rest of the antibiotics. She should be back to her normal self by the end of the weekend. So, let those prayers keep coming, I know how powerful PT-prayers can be!!

Cinder & Smoke
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Now I have to keep on eye on it,
and give her the rest of the antibiotics.

Did the Vet suggest that you apply frequent warm, wet compresses to
the wound to keep it open and draining?

Prayers Said for poor Inka!

Uabassoon
11-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Poor Inka I hope she feels better soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Did the Vet suggest that you apply frequent warm, wet compresses to
the wound to keep it open and draining?

Prayers Said for poor Inka!

YES, she did! But I already knew this thanks to Gini :)

gini
12-01-2005, 09:24 AM
How is Inka today? Abcesses are so horrible. This is why Rascal can no longer go outdoors. He always promptly finds someone to have a good fight with - comes home - and a day or so later he has one that just explodes.

He had to have drainage tubes put in his ear.........and the whole thing was expensive.

I hope Inka is better.

Randi
12-01-2005, 09:37 AM
I will keep sending positive and healing thoughts to Inka, I really hope the antibiotics will work, so she can get back to normal. :)

Gentle kisses from me, and headbumpies from Fister.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-01-2005, 11:26 AM
How is Inka today?

She was more active today. She begged to go and play in the garden, which she hadn't done since Monday!

Donnaj4962
12-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Sounds like Inka is on the mend! Thank goodness! I am glad she is feeling better, which naturally makes her meowmie feel better! More good thoughts, prayers, and warm wishes coming your way from not only me, but both of my furgirls. :)

momcat
12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
My lovely Inka, I'm so happy to know that you're feeling so much better today! But maybe going out to play in the garden isn't such a good idea right now. It might be better to wait until your owie is all gone so nothing happens to make it get all nasty again. Please take your medicine and get rest so you'll be back to chasing Zazou away from your litterbox before you know it.
Snuggles and kissies,
Groucho

To Inka's Meowmie:
Thank you very very much for keeping such a close watch on my dearest Inka. She is a very special lady. You will never know how much I appreciate all the love and care you gave her so that our lovely Inka could get better quickly. My lovely Inka is so lucky to have a Meowmie as nice as you!
Purrs and headbumpies,
Groucho

Abby&Buddy'sMom
12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
I just now read this thread about sweet little Inka. I am so glad to hear she is feeling a bit better today. She is lucky to have such a good meowmie to tend to her every need. These kitties are just like children to so many of us, as they are so very precious. Best wishes and prayers for Miss Inka to get better soon.

QueenScoopalot
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh dear! I just saw this thread, and am glad that Inca is feeling a bit better now. :) Abcesses are the pits to deal with. Did the vet shave the area so it's easier to keep open with hot compresses? :confused: Prayers winging over that Inca heals up with no more setbacks. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Did the vet shave the area so it's easier to keep open with hot compresses?

yes! Looks funny now, as she has long hair: her face looks as if it is out of balance :D

Sonia59
12-02-2005, 07:14 AM
I am happy: Inka is feeling better and Meowmie is less stressed and can have some rest now! :)