PDA

View Full Version : Cats watching t.v.

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2002, 10:31 PM
Do you ever notice your cats watching t.v.? My cat Sunny loves to watch t.v. His favorite channel is animal planet. He'll get so involved that he will sit in front of the t.v. set and then he'll try to catch the animals with his paws as they go by.:D If a commercial has a lot of action in it, he will also become interested in it. My other two cats don't do this. :( Sometimes Sunny will just watch t.v. from his chair. Maybe he thinks he's human.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Yeah, Tinky will sit in the floor and watch t.v. She will watch anything I DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHY. But I think it is funny she looks like she knows what is happening.:p

yorkster
03-27-2002, 11:51 PM
One of my cats (Wylie) likes to watch TV with us. His favorite is Mariner baseball games...........he's a fan! :cool:

He also enjoys Austin Powers movies :D

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Bonzo is our TV watcher. His favorite movie is "Zeus and Roxanne". Actually, the TV in our bedroom is at the foot of our bed and he feels that we all should watch "BOO- TV" so sometimes he just sits in front of it!:rolleyes:

yorkster
03-28-2002, 01:18 AM
:D :D :D LoudLou

Wylie does that too if he is not interested in what's on!

wayne0214
03-28-2002, 05:14 AM
My Maine Coon cat that I acquired over 25 years ago, used to watch TV. His favorite programs were those on PBS with birds featured, not the Sesame Street kind, however:D . He used to crouch in front of the screen and appeared as though he was ready to pounce on them.

yumyum6970
03-28-2002, 06:45 AM
Yes, YumYum loves to watch tv with us when she doesn't want to go outside.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

K & L
03-28-2002, 06:50 AM
Some of ours love TV. We even have the video tape made for cats and it's a hoot watching them watch the tape. It has birds, mice, butterflies etc. moving and making noises. The love it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 09:46 AM
Only once in a great while will Tubby show any interest in the TV, and it's so rare that I haven't been able to notice if there's a trend in what he finds interesting. I know he likes football games because his Daddy usually has popcorn during football games - and Tubby likes popcorn. :rolleyes:

Peanut has no interest at all in it. Our TV is up in the loft area, and she is normally downstairs (main level, not the basement) while we are upstairs watching TV if we're both home. If only one of us is home, she'll come up by us, but not if we're both home and up there. Weird. :rolleyes:

Gio
03-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Their own video? Lucky them! :D Mine occasionally stare at the screen, I'd love to know what goes through their heads.

thelmalu99
03-28-2002, 10:14 AM
I sometimes catch Elvis watching the TV. It's too funny. I just hope he doesn't learn how to use the remote. :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Leonardo likes to lay in my lap and watch tv with me. The other three could care less. If something chatches his eye, Chester will pause in his mission to distroy the house, to take a peek. He doesn't watch long though.:)

purrley
03-28-2002, 11:44 AM
I try and limit mine to watching just 1/2 hour per day:D :D :D

wolflady
03-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by purrley
I try and limit mine to watching just 1/2 hour per day:D :D :D

:D :D

Mine don't watch very often, but they usually do if there are some animal noises coming from there. The other night, I was watching Animal Planet (big surprise there! LOL), and there were some dogs barking and my little Marius perked his ears up and stared at the TV. It's so cute! I wonder if they can actually see what's on the screen...or if all they see is the movement and colors. Who knows, but I think it's cute when they're 'watching' the tube! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2002, 03:17 PM
If something chatches his eye, Chester will pause in his mission to distroy the house, to take a peek.

I try and limit mine to watching just 1/2 hour per day
LOL :p LOL :) LOL :D
You guys are sooo funny!!!!

Laura
03-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Bushes likes to watch golf. She follows the ball with her head as it rolls across the screen. Hilarious to watch!:D

Ila
03-28-2002, 04:09 PM
Oh yes I see Misty watching TV with me a lot. Since I have been home being laid up from surgery her and I watch a lot of TV. My husband said I have her addicted to the TV now. I think she understands what's on. If animals are on her ears really perk up.

Former User
03-29-2002, 08:11 AM
Here's Casper watching Blue Planetfrom BBC a little while ago...

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/casper60.jpg

04-05-2002, 10:42 AM
:D My Sydney loves tv !!!
He prefers animal programs ; it's really fun to see him watching that screen !!!

Pam
04-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Great shot C&K!!! Very nice photography work!!! My Andy watches TV quite often and it is usually some kind of animal program as well. He even occasionally goes up to the TV and paws at it to try and reach through. :) I have never seen Trevor watch though.

lynnestankard
04-06-2002, 03:33 AM
Lovely pic Niina. Dare I say - More Please?!!

Of our three Dan will definitley watch TV if there are any animals on - but he also has the endearing habit of waiting until the final thrilling 10 minutes of some movie, play documentary etc., and plonk himself down - right in front of the screen!! No amount of cajoling will move him - so one of us has to get up and give him a cuddle!!!:eek: How clever is he?:D :D
Bagel isn't bothered with TV unless there's a kitten or puppy crying - them she's at the screen demanding WE do something to help - she's so concerned - bless her.
Course Ketchum hasn't even figured out TV yet!! He's such a big dope - but my big dope!!:) :)

Lynne

Nomilynn
04-06-2002, 01:03 PM
My cat Tilly loves figure skating. I guess the dark figures on the white background are easy to pick out. She goes up to the screen and paws at it!

Bassett has been known to watch baseball - the players, not the ball. But they both prefer the birds in the front yard I think :D