PDA

View Full Version : Luna has just thrown up...

Kirsten
11-09-2005, 03:11 PM
...and it was a yellowish liquid (sorry for the details). Do you think she might have liver problems?

It doesn't happen very often that she's vomiting. She doesn't have diarrhea, and she has a good appetite. So I guess this is nothing to worry about, but the yellow color is confusing me. Could stomach acid look yellowish also?

Kirsten

Jessika
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Everytime any of my cats (or dogs) have thrown up, its always been yellow-ish. I believe its just stomach acid mixed with something she may have ate/drank earlier in the day. I wouldn't worry about it unless she KEEPS vomiting! Just keep an eye on her over the next 24 hours, but I think she'll be fine!

kimlovescats
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes, that's just stomach acid. No worry, unless she just keeps on doing it, and not eating!

Kim ;)

Sonia59
11-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Yes, I think it is the normal color when the stomach is empty.

TopCat3
11-11-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes, I think it is the normal color when the stomach is empty.

I agree. My younger cat is a chuck-upper and I'm always running around the carpet with a wet cloth before the stain sets in. Being acid it can cut itself into the carpet if you don't get it while it's fresh!
Often just before I leave for work :rolleyes:

I was saying on another thread where someone's cat was vomiting a lot, regular access to grass so they can eat it is imprtant to keep them healthier and I have a big pot of Catgrass on the balcony they nibble at nearly every morning before or after breakfast. :p

Kirsten
11-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Thank you everyone! It didn't seem to be anything serious. She hasn't thrown up since, she's eating and acting normal. Maybe she has tried to get rid of a hairball that night and it didn't come up.

Kirsten

mizmeow04
11-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes, stomach acid can look yellow too. However, I would take your cat to the vet as soon as you can because it could be kidney or liver problems also. A simple blood test will put your mind at ease!

RedHedd
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Often just before I leave for work :rolleyes: Yup - their timing is almost always just perfect - NOT :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I am so pleased with this place again! Always a quick response and no one calls you silly for worrying and all the help ready in any case, no matter how big or small. Makes me glad I am a member to have such resources at my fingertips!

I have noticed and am wondering if anyone else feels like this... But I am usually ready to respond and try to offer my advice on any topic I know about or have had experience with... If I don't have any, I try to offer a comforting word.. But when it is MY OWN babies, I forget everything I ever knew, panic, become a basket case and typically loose it. That is why I am so glad that I "belong" here.

(Kristen, I have no experience with yellowish puke since all mine throw up are fur balls)

TopCat3
11-12-2005, 02:46 AM
[QUOTE=Laura's Babies]
I have noticed and am wondering if anyone else feels like this... But I am usually ready to respond and try to offer my advice on any topic I know about or have had experience with... If I don't have any, I try to offer a comforting word.. But when it is MY OWN babies, I forget everything I ever knew, panic, become a basket case and typically loose it. That is why I am so glad that I "belong" here.

I CAN RELATE TO THIS! I CAN RELATE TO THIS! I think it is because we are so emotionally involved with them. For example, had that been my own cat on the road the other night, I think I might have been a gibbering wreck unable to think straight or do anything constructive! I get all weepy just in a vet consultation for a check up!(hide it of course but have trouble keeping voice steady and chin from quivering).