PDA

View Full Version : I feel so odd now

lv4dogs
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
The obedience class we go it is taught by well known dog instructor, Bob Minchella. If I recall corectly he has wrote or helped write some books too. (see more about him here:http://www.lollypop.org/orgMain.asp?ssid=&storyID=78&orgID=23&sid=)

He is excellent in every aspect! Very knowledgable, helpful & caring. An awesome instructor who I would reccomend to anyone!

Now this is what bothers me. He didn't hand out any certificates at all. Now I have been in many dog classes & even was a training assistant in some. Every single one always handed out certificates or something.
So I emailed them & explained my concern and also told them how much I like Bob. Now they just called me, they didn't even email me back, they just called. They are making a certificate just for me. WTF??? Sure I'd love one but I don't want a "special" one made just for me. I will feel so weird this Sat. at our next class.
They explained that years ago they handed them out but it wasn't worth it as most people didn't want one. Am I the only real dog lover out there that is really into their dogs? That frames & hangs their certificates/achivements on the walls, in scrapbooks etc...

I didn't know it cause this big of a deal.

How many of yous went to a class & did or didn't get a certificate?

k9krazee
11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I would have loved a certificate, I didn't know they did such things, Micki was in puppy preschool and then beginning obedience. Jack is in beg. obedience now and I'm pretty sure they don't give certificates... :(

lv4dogs
11-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I would have loved a certificate, I didn't know they did such things, Micki was in puppy preschool and then beginning obedience. Jack is in beg. obedience now and I'm pretty sure they don't give certificates... :(

LOL thats odd as I didn't know they DIDN"T give out certificates. Okay maybe I'm still a believer in the olden days. lol

king2005
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I never had my old dog in classes (there were none), but if I did, I would have wanted one & hung it on the wall. I had loosing ribbons hung up & his 3rd place ribbon up aswell. I was proud of him for just being in the Mutt Competions( I had to stop going cause I was too old (13yrs max, wow that was 10yrs a go, sheesh thats a long time ago)..

K9soul
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Tasha%20and%20Tommy/Misc/tashacertif.jpg

I would have asked too, and I enjoy the certificate. It means a lot to me.

Jessika
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
We didn't get one when Charlie completed obedience.. we didn't even know you were supposed to get one! O_o

Well, that and HJ missed the last class cause he thought the week before was the last session -_-

vinjashira
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Snowy got a certificate for completing the puppy class but not for the beginner class

http://www.geocities.com/vinjashira/snowygraduate.jpg

They explained that years ago they handed them out but it wasn't worth it as most people didn't want one.
well in that case they are the weird ones :p so don't feel bad.

IRescue452
11-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Don't feel bad. I've got Autumn's hanging on the wall with her special birthday frisbee she got from purina and the leash she got from class.

.sarah
11-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Nova has gotten a certificate for puppy class and basic manners class. I don't remember if Mandy got one because it was 7 years ago.

Crikit
11-09-2005, 06:50 PM
When I first went to classes I loved to get the certificates but after a few classes I stopped taking them just because after a while it didn't really matter to me if I got one all that mattered was that my dog finished the class. Now the only certificates that I collect are the dogs agility titles.

The training centre that I work at has certificates for every graduating class, the only time people don't get one is if they ask us not to give them one, we also occasionally give out banadanas or cookies as well.

chocolatepuppy
11-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Lacey has two from Petsmart. One was uh, the middle level and one was advanced. I keep them in her scrapbook. I'd enjoy the one they send you and not worry that they made it special. :)

lv4dogs
11-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys, now I don't feel so odd anymore.
I'll still fell a little weird when I walk into class this Sat. I'm sure they will all be pointing & talking about how I wanted a certificate. lol The instructor has a big sense of humor & likes to poke fun. :rolleyes: :p

sammy101
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Kodie has 2 from his obediance classes.Lucy doesnt have any yet because she hasnt gone to class yet :o