Tanya&Fritz
03-27-2002, 08:33 AM
One more.

Tanya&Fritz
03-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Last one!

ilovehounds
03-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Aww I loved the wittle baset hounds they were to cute. Thanks for sharing.

I had been meaning to ask you if you saw the story in the ottawa citizen about all those puppies drop off at the shelter ??
Shepherd mixes I believe they were.
Wasn't that great that they were all adopted ? I wish all the dogs dropped off at shelters could be adopted that fast.

In our paper there is a section for animals at the shelter, they print thier picture and a few words about them. Alot of dogs have been adopted that way because not everyone who reads the paper would have thought to go visits the shelter. Its a good way to get them out there and give them a better chance at being seen and adopted.

Tanya&Fritz
03-27-2002, 12:43 PM
I followed that story closely. It's great that they all got adopted, but I can't help but wonder where they all came from. In the Ottawa Sun they have a dog or cat and a write up too. I'm not sure if more get adopted that way, but hopefully.

Have you been following the story in Brockville about the German Shephard? That's horrible :( His mother was written up in the paper as saying "If anyone considers a dog part of the family, they have a sociological disorder" Well, I guess I have that disorder :D I wonder where her son gets it from???

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-27-2002, 12:49 PM
I loved thos pictures! The Basset Hounds are adorable. Speaking of Bassets, has anyone seen Diasy lately?

evelyn1157
03-27-2002, 01:10 PM
awwww!!!!they are sooo cute! especially the 1st and 2nd ones. loved the hot dogs pic too

03-27-2002, 03:46 PM
Those pics are sooooo cute! The basset one is adorable but my favorite is the hot dogs! What a cute idea:D!

LoudLou
03-27-2002, 03:59 PM
I like the scene from "Snowdogs" on the beach in Hawaii... Ah, to live a pampered pooch's life! ;)

ilovehounds
03-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Is that the one of the men beating and drowning the dog ??? Or the one where the young boy was playing in the park with his shepherd and three other boys hung his dog off the jungle gym ??? Both are unbelievable and Im ashamed to say these people live in our towns and cities ... country for that matter. Alot of animals abuse stories are poping up in our papers lately it scares me.

Tanya&Fritz
03-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Me too. I cry every time I read them. I went to Parliament Hill last week for the rally to try and change the Animal Cruelty laws. Hopefully it had a little bit of impact.

The one in Brockville was about the 2 guys and a girl beating and drowning the German Shepherd. The whole town went crazy.

anna_66
03-28-2002, 06:40 PM
They are all so adorable! I have to say, the hot dog one is really funny!!