PDA

View Full Version : An unpleasant topic

Goochina & Goochissimo
03-26-2002, 08:47 AM
.... but what do you do about your dog's gas problems? All of a sudden lately, he is almost too much to be in the same room with!

No change in diet or anything, no table scraps. What might be causing it and what can I do? Are there products out there for this?

sabies
03-26-2002, 10:21 AM
I had a friend with that problem and he changed his dog food to Nutro, that worked for him. However if this is a noticable change when the dog has been eating the same food I would consult a vet.

mruffruff
03-26-2002, 11:57 AM
You might try adding a tablespoon of fat free plain yogurt to his food. Mix it in very well. I don't know why it works, but it seems to help my 4.

Mary

carrie
03-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Please email me - my new computer will not let me post more than 2 lines!!

anna_66
03-26-2002, 08:12 PM
Our Angus used to have that problem. We changed brands of food, didn't help, but i agree with mruffruff, yougurt will do the trick!

ilovehounds
03-27-2002, 12:09 PM
Hannah had that same problem, very very bad gass. It was so bad sometimes she even had to leave the room ..lol..

But I went to the vets and we changed foods, and we take all the food she eats in the day, her breakfast and supper and give it to her in 4 meals instead of two. Shes eating the same amount only divided into 4 meals. Don't now what that does but believe me it works. AND NO PORK !!! the vet was very strong about that. Pork and hounds don't mix so it might be the same for other breeds ??

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2002, 03:44 PM
We were having problems with Sadie and Cincy, but since we changed to a better quality food it has been much better. I do have to watch how much and what kind of cheese I give them as treats.

Another thing to try is adding more fiber. I have not tried it, but I have read that pumpkin and green beans can help...just don't give them too much cause these can also be used to relive constipation

carrie
03-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Adding fibre will help in the long run - but it will make the problem worse before it gets better!!!
Smaller meals more often will help and charcoal biscuits added to the diet will help a lot too.