PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

anna_66
03-22-2002, 09:20 AM
I know, I'm a dork! But I'm really excited I finally learned how to put a picture with my signature, and not just that! I also made that picture the link to my babies website & made an animated avitar! Phew....I don't understand why it took me so long, guess I just have to figure it out little by little! Thanks for everyone' help, and I finallly understand why I can only put 4 pictures on my avitar, each picture is about 5 kb, and the max is 2000, so I get it! Anyway, just really happyabout all this!:D So excited, I'll post a pic of my babies!Aren't they just awesome?!
http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6758/images/PJCt@8CoBQIAAEyS6S8_6758_10.jpg:cool:

03-22-2002, 10:30 AM
Okay, so now it's time for the master to become the teacher! ha ha ha... I haven't really posted any pics in this newly remodled pettalk. I have the avatar figured out BUT, I can't get pics of my dogs small enough to fit the 60x60 requirment AND I have no idea how you all get them to rotate pictures like that. I love it!

Can you give some insight? Thanks:D

By the way, your fur-babies are GORGEOUS!!!!

Logan
03-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Angel, there is a topic in General about these slide show type Avatars where there are a couple of free internet programs listed. Of course, I don't have the link for you, but I think it should be on the first page. Maybe that software automatically sizes it for you. I was lucky because Feline (Jacqui) was generous enough to make mine for me. :)

wolflady
03-22-2002, 12:16 PM
anna, your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!! Give them hugs and treats for me:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Hi anna
Congratulations for figuring all this mess out...... you are further than I will ever be i'm afraid. Anyway your furrbabies are just beautiful. I could dive right into those two and have a good day. A husky and a rottie.... thats a neat combo......I bet you have a lot of fun with those two.:D :)

Former User
03-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Way to go Anna, very good job!:)
I like your doggies, was on your site earlier as you know...:)

anna_66
03-22-2002, 01:57 PM
1) You have to resize your pictures to 60x60, I cropped some of mine, the whole picture don't always look so good that small.

2)All your pictures have to be converted to GIF, that's all unfreeze takes (that's what I used, there are some others too, I'll give you the links, I saved them!)

3)Download unfreeze (if that's what you want to use, it's free, my favorite!)

4)Drag & drop all your pictures (I could only get 4 & stay under the size limit & still make the pictures look good) into unfreeze.

5)Make sure your frame delay is 150 or so, otherwise, the picutes fly by!

6)Click-Make Animated GIF and save it.

7)Come to Pet Talk-Edit Options-Change Avitar....& there ya go!
Here is the link for unfreeze.http://www.whitsoftdev.com/page.php?id=11
Also I saved the page all the others were talking about:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8923
Hope you understand this: if not email me & I (like Feline said) can make you one or help you somehow. Thanks everyone for your help. I don't always understand unless I try & do it. But when I do, look what happens! I don't understand computers, but I do love them when I figure things like this out!

Rottie
03-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I LOVE your sig pics. Carl has a "heavy head" too, many times.

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 04:33 PM
Great sig. Anna! Love those kids of yours...Aren't they precious!

aly
03-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE that pic of your rottie. I didn't realize how huge he was (or is it a she? :o ). They are both absolutely beautiful!

Okay, I just went to your website. I just love Angus. Seeing pictures of him makes me want to give him a big hug! :D