PDA

View Full Version : Transport Saturday 10/15 Greenwood, Sc To Lexington Park, Md - 3 Legs Needed!!!

Cessa's Mom
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
*****PLEASE CROSSPOST WIDELY*****

Please help!!! We have posted this run for 2 weeks on transport groups and are struggling to fill this transport. We have 3 legs left!!! Please help us help Pongo!!!

To: Lexington Park, MD
When: Oct. 15, 2005, Saturday

If you can't do a whole leg, we can change the route to accommodate.

We are transporting 1 Dalmatian from a shelter to approved foster
home in
Lexington Park, MD Information is listed below. If you can help,
please email
me directly at: [email protected]

Back Up coordinator Angela Wallace at [email protected]

THIS TRANSPORT WILL BE MONITORED

Name: Pongo
Breed: Dalmatian
Sex: Male
Altered: Yes
Size/Weight: 50 pounds ???
UTD: Yes
Health: Good
Housebroken: ?
Crate Trained: ?
Gets along with other animals: Yes
Behavior Problems: None
Crate Optional or Mandatory: Highly Recommended, but not supplied
Equipment provided: Leash, collar, vet paperwork

Saturday, Oct. 15, 2005

Leg 1: Greenwood, SC - Spartanburg, SC 8:00
AM - 9:30 AM 61 Miles NEEDED
Leg 2: Spartanburg, SC - Charlotte, NC
9:45 AM - 11:15 AM 76 Miles FILLED BY JEANNI

Leg 3: Charlotte, NC - Greensboro, NC 11:30
AM - 1:20 PM 92 Miles FILLED BY CRYSTAL

Leg 4: Greensboro, NC - Durham, NC
1:35 PM - 2:45 PM 56 Miles FILLED BY MELISSA

Leg 5: Durham, NC - South Hill, VA
3:00 PM - 4:20 PM 77 Miles NEEDED

Leg 6: South Hill, VA - Richmond, VA
4:35 PM - 5:40 PM 80 Miles NEEDED

Leg 7: Richmond, VA - Fredericksburg, VA 5:55
PM - 7:05 PM 76 Miles FILLED BY ELAINE

Leg 8: Fredericksburg, VA - Lexington Park, MD 7:15 PM -
9:15 PM 66 Miles FILLED BY RESCUE

Debbie Kidd ([email protected])
Adopt A Spot Dalmatian Rescue
Chesapeake, VA 757-484-2940
www.adoptaspotdalrescue.com
www.petfinder.org/shelters/VA208.html

finn's mom
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I could probably do Leg one, because Greenwood isn't but a couple hours from where I'm at. But, I'm just in the middle of starting a new job, and, I have no idea what my schedule will look like. Keep me in mind, though. If you can find someone else, awesome. But, if it gets closer to time, I'll figure out a way.

Cessa's Mom
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I think we may have leg #1 covered. Thanks for the offer, though, and good luck on the job!!! We really really desperately need:

Leg # 5 Durham, NC to South Hill, VA and
Leg # 6 South Hill, VA to Richmond, VA

The transport is not looking good at this point. I have noticed that alot of transports coming from GA and SC are getting stuck on these two legs. Lots of transports are starting to fall through nowadays. It's very sad!! I believe Debbie was trying to put 2 more Dals on the transport. The other 2 girls are Heartworm positive and it is critical to get them moved up so they can begin treatment. We have a foster family driving from PA to pick them up in Chesapeake, VA if we can get them up here. That is 3 dogs from kill shelters that we can't fill the transport for.

Logan
10-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm sorry that the needed legs are not closer to me. I would be glad to help.

Cessa's Mom
10-12-2005, 04:52 AM
Thanks Logan. It is not looking good at this point. We have crossposted heavily all night with no response. Poor little Pongo is stuck in a shelter in Greenwood, SC because we can't fill the Durham, NC to South Hill, VA leg and the South Hill, VA to Richmond, VA leg. Everything else is filled. The 2 heartworm positive girls are stuck in a South Hill, VA shelter. It is heartbreaking and very frustrating to know that we can help them but can't get them near us. I live in Southern Maryland and am driving down to Fredericksburg to pick Pongo up. The girls were going to Chesapeake, VA and the PA fosters were driving down to pick them up on Sunday. We were boarding them overnight in Chesapeake. Pongo is? coming on up to Maryland. So sad!!! My daughter's homecoming is Saturday night. I already made the commitment to go to Fredericksburg for Pongo. My daughter is very understandable about rescuing animals. I can just squeeze Fredericksburg into the timeframe I am working with. I would normally "bite the bullet" and drive all the way to Durham. I have done that before for other stuck transports. I just can't this time with her Homecoming. Dang!! Times like these is when single parenting is a bummer!! I can't be in two places at the same time.

finn's mom
10-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Is it still just a transport for pongo? if you want to send me the address of the durham one...if i were to be able to make it up to durham, might as well go to richmond. let me know if it's still just the one dog that needs the transport...i got a little confused when you mentioned the other two...

i'm going to look on mapquest and see how far it is to durham....

Ok, it's only just over a four-hour trip. I may be able to do this. I could make it a mini trip, and, do something else once I got to Virginia. There are a couple of things I need to find out, though, before I can say yes for sure. Let me sortof brainstorm and find out how much the gas will cost me and if I can get a friend to make the trip with me. I'll let you know, though, as soon as possible. The trip isn't til saturday, though, right?

edited: so tell me me what would be needed for the two other dalmatians?

Cessa's Mom
10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes, the transport is scheduled for Saturday. Angela Wallace, the backup transporter, is now handling the transport since Debbie Kidd (our Founder) had to go out of town. Contact Angel directly. Her email address is [email protected]. The other 2 girls are stuck in South Hill. I'm not sure what Angela is going to be able to do about them, if anything. Pongo is the only one that will be coming up the coast from South Carolina. He is an 8 mo. old Dal pup. Debbie asked me to help crosspost heavily for Angela. Thank you for attempting to help us. I know your schedule is hectic with starting a new job and everything. I wish you the best!!! and thank you for trying to help Pongo!! We appreciate it and I know he would!

Cessa's Mom
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Finn's Mom:

We just filled the Durham, NC to South Hill, VA leg and Heide (she lives in Efland, NC) knows a lady that can probably do the South Hill to Richmond leg. Looks like you don't have to go out of your way this weekend afterall, but thank you for offering and I will definately keep you in mind as we have lots of transports coming up from the South. What part of NC are you from?

finn's mom
10-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok, awesome! I'm glad it's all covered! YAY! I just emailed Angela, too! :rolleyes: :p Thanks for updating us, though!

All4Dals
10-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Hello All,
Angela Wallace here, Transport Coordinator for Pongo and Company! We have filled the Durham to South Hill but have not yet confirmed South Hill to Richmond to please keep cross posting. We're also still working out the first leg of Greenwood, SC to Spartanburg, SC. The facts have gotten a little confused here. The two female Dals are coming out of Aiken, SC and will start the transport in Greenwood with Pongo. The females are going to South Hill, VA with Pongo continuing to MD.
Hopefully we will be successful and we'll have moved 3 Dals to safety this weekend! :) NEVER GIVE UP!!! We still have time!
Angela (Mom to Dals, Warlock & Randi)

finn's mom
10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey, Angela. I'm still working on my parents to try to be able to come up there to Greenwood, and, maybe even take the South Hill to Richmond leg. I can only do it if my dad will let me borrow his Explorer. I'm working on it, though, keep us posted. Thanks for the emails and for posting on Pet Talk!

Cessa's Mom
10-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Angela is still having complications with the run.

Cessa's Mom
10-15-2005, 05:11 AM
Transport is filled! Pongo & Company received a very generous offer for a single ride all the way up!!!!!!!! Cudos Angela, you are awesome!!

jackie
10-15-2005, 05:15 AM
Great news! :D

Good Luck Pongo!