PDA

View Full Version : Scooter update....and Norbert tries a jailbreak!!

rkidsrcats
09-28-2005, 08:57 AM
First off, adjustment time for Scooter is OVER!!!. As I am posting this, he is thundering up and down the hallway with Pippin, Tiger and William. It is as if he has always been part of the Tribe. We are amazed how quickly everyone fell under his little Tabby charm.

And now the Jailbreak report :eek: :eek: :eek:
Norbert went out the bedroom window screen yesterday morning about 5AM. I was dead asleep, but woke up due to the racket he made. Not sure if he was scared by something, or just pushing on the screen to see what would happen. Anyway, he ended up outside on the deck and by the time I got up and out there, he was well hidden. This cat has not been outside in 6 years! It was still pitch black, but I just waited until daylight and went back out on the deck and started calling him. Sure enough, he was hiding under the deck. I shooed all the other guys out of the bedroom, opened the window and managed to talk him back into the house! He was pretty shocked by his adventure, but came back in, laid down on the bed and had to listen to Percy lecture him for the next hour about the dangers of "the outside".

I have since replaced the screen with a stronger type and made sure it can't be pushed out. Was freaked out for a while, but encouraged that he didn't run far and trusted me enough to get back in the house right away.

Never a dull moment. And Scooter slept through it all...

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/scootersleep.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by rkidsrcats
First off, adjustment time for Scooter is OVER!!!. As I am posting this, he is thundering up and down the hallway with

:D
Gotta love the thundering herds. :D

furrykidsmother
09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Glad to hear that Scooters adjustment period is over and that Norbert returned safely. Hope he has learned his lesson.

Scooter does look quite content!

catmandu
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I GET THAT ONCE,IN A WHILE,A THUNDERING HERD OF CAT TLE,USUALLY SCRAPPY 2,THE MINATURE MEEZERS,AND JOHN,AND ROCCA.
THE OTHER CATS,WATCH,AS THEY ARE TOO OLD,AND TOO WISE,TO GET MIXED UP,IN THE MELEE!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies117.jpg

lvpets2002
09-28-2005, 02:49 PM
:) Oh I would just be hoorrified if that happened to me.. First of all the girls only know the house & for two the dogs in the back yard.. But hey you little cutie Norbert that was a good try on your part.. So glad you are back home nice & safe now..

Samantha Puppy
09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
People cannot believe how loud my herd (4 cats) can get thundering through the house. It's hilarious! They certainly are an endless source of entertainment, aren't they?

Glad Norbert's safe and sound. Nawtee boy! :)

Oh, and Scooter is absolutely adorable!!

catnapper
09-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Great news about Scooter! I knew he'd work his charm easily!

Norbert-- stop scaring your meowmie like that! Its not nice to give her a wake-up call like that!;)