PDA

View Full Version : CatSip

wolf_Q
09-14-2005, 04:35 PM
I bought some Catsip (real milk cats and apparently dogs can digest) for the gift swap but then I was worried if it got opened during mailing and leaked...it would ruin everything. It said on the back "Great for dogs too!" So I figured I would just let the dogs have it.

Oh my gosh Nebo went crazy for it! Reggie and Sydney liked it too. Nebo licked the bowl for like 5 minutes after it was all gone. I'm going to have to get some more for them! I was just wondering if I was the only person who'd given that to their dogs and if your dogs liked it too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/catsip.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/catsip2.jpg

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 05:32 PM
aww first of all i just have to say your dog is beutiful!!! i love her colors, so and second what is catsip supposed to be i have no idea never herad of it!

Ginger's Mom
09-14-2005, 05:58 PM
I have never heard of it either. Did you find it in a Pet store or the supermarket? I may have to try some of that (um...I mean Ginger will have to try it).

gemini9961
09-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Flatcoatluver
aww first of all i just have to say your dog is beutiful!!! i love her colors, so and second what is catsip supposed to be i have no idea never herad of it!

Nebo is a boy!! :D I have never heard of it, but I will keep a look out for it.

AmberLee
09-14-2005, 06:08 PM
There are at least three companies that package it, but I pretty much call them all CatSip. (Whiskas makes a version they call CatMilk and someone else makes LapHappy that comes in beef and a fish flavor.) Some large grocery stores carry it in the cat food/treats area, most pet supply stores do too. All three come in little boxes about the size of a kid's juice box. They are okay on the shelf until opened, but require refrigeration then.

If you catch it on sale, it's around 70 cents a box, but if your spoiled darlings are demanding it (:o Anybody I know??? *blush* :o) it can go for up to $1.50 a box...

My cats adore it. I didn't realize that dogs would too. What fun!

wolf_Q
09-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Yep Nebo is a boy. :)

Catsip is regular milk just made so cats and dogs can drink it. I found it at petsmart with the cat treats. Like Amberlee said it's not refrigerated until opened. It was around 80 cents for a small juicebox size package.

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 07:18 PM
ok sorry i knew he was a boy, but i keep on clling dogs girls, because usally all my dog's are girls and its a habit, but anyway i'll have to try it!

Cookiebaker
09-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Marigold loves that stuff. No, I mean Marigold loooooooooooves that stuff! :) I've never thought about giving it to the boyz though, I'll have to try that sometime. Great suggestion!

Flatcoatluver
09-14-2005, 11:01 PM
yeah i never knew it was that cheap

elizabethann
09-15-2005, 08:21 AM
My 2 kitties, Cosmo & Maxie drink it. If there's some left over, Fenway my dog will drink the rest. I got it because Cosmo is lactose intolerant. He'd drink my milk from the glass and then....BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.....all over the floor (kind of like The Excorsist). The kitty milk, he can keep down. They ALL love it.

Lobodeb
09-15-2005, 10:53 AM
I've never heard of it. I don't really have a need for it as all mine can drink regular milk. Maggy just gets really bloated afterwords, so I have to burp her like a little baby. :rolleyes:

cloverfdx
09-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Our dogs get the Australian version ;), Elvis wont drink plain water when we are away so i just mix some in his water a voila he will drink, so it is very handy.

RobiLee
09-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Hmmmm, never heard of it. If I ever see any I'll have to pick some up for the girls.

Lobodeb, I got a giggle from the thought of you burping Maggy like a baby! Too cute!

elizabethann
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Maggy just gets really bloated afterwords, so I have to burp her like a little baby.

OMG....so cute!! Just picturing it......how adorable.

:)

Lobodeb
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Lobodeb, I got a giggle from the thought of you burping Maggy like a baby! Too cute!

She burps loud too! I always tell her that she makes her daddy proud! :D

I'll have to try and get it on video.

Kfamr
09-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Never heard of it! May have to look out for some cause my 3 love the milk they rarely get.