PDA

View Full Version : Yikes !!!!!!!

Craftlady
09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
In 3 weeks Thumper cost us $677.30 in vet bills.
Eleanor just cost us $155.50 over the weekend.
Cindy has cost us recently with her eye stuff $131 in past month.

Enough furry kids!!!!!!!

Pet Insurance is $100 deductible and than it's 80/20
None of Cindy's stuff is covered under insurance because we just got the policy on her. :(

I'm putting Skinny on the WalMart greeter line next week :)

AlleyCat
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Vet bills sure can be expensive. We don't have insurance on any of our girls, but sometimes I wish we do/did ! Before the passing of our 3 RB girls this past year and half, and with their vet costs and treatments and all, we spent nearly 7,000 dollars.

kuhio98
09-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Halo's nickname around here is "Baby Grand" because she was sick when we adopted her. With her recent health issues, we are thinking about changing it to "Million Dollar Baby". :D

catmandu
09-05-2005, 08:09 AM
THE VET BILLS,AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL VARY,GENERALLY,IN THE TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR RANGE,ONE YEAR,ABOUT THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED,WHEN JOHN,LOST ALL,OF HIS TEETH.
BUT I JUST SCRIMP,A BIT,AS THEY ARE MY CATS,AND I LOVE THEM.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture488.jpg

sirrahbed
09-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Adding up the vet bills can be startling!:eek: When we had the two geriatrics...well I better not even think of that:p
Good that insurance did help out for some of them. Oh and Skinny would be a great greeter!! :D

rkidsrcats
09-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Yep, it adds up. We've never looked into the pet insurance thing though.

We haven't had catastrophic types of illnesses. Its the nickle/dime stuff that seems to get us. $50 here for Tiger....$50 there for Percy...

But most of our guys are in pretty good shape - even Sam at age 10 has sound joints etc. He just has a food allergy that we control by not feeding him certain types of kibble.

Sounds like we are lucky - no "million dollar babies" here when it comes to vet bills.

lvpets2002
09-05-2005, 02:57 PM
:rolleyes: Yes vet bills can make your head spin & I as well do not have insurance.. But I think back & would not have changed a thing.. My babies get medical care before I do in some

jenluckenbach
09-05-2005, 04:28 PM
NEVER add up the vet bills or the food bills or the litter bills :eek: :eek: