PDA

View Full Version : I Hope she likes him ?

Den Anne Pen
08-25-2005, 10:23 PM
As some of you know i Have Cheyanne my 4yr old whippet mix and i had denver my basenji that passed 1 mth ago i got Aspen a cattle dog terrier mix 2 wks ago for Cheyanne being depressed and she took to him no problem

Now i have another Basenji {Phoenix} that i got Sat from a home that just did'nt have time to take care of him i could'nt say No because i really wanted another BAsenji and he needed a home that knew how to take of the breed anyhow

Cheyanne seems to disapline him alot both Aspen 6mths and Phoenix 9mths are puppies and adore eachother and i know Basenjis can be stubborn and she needs to be more displining to him but i'm wondering if she likes him i think she does because she will play with him but then in the middle of play she usally yells at him i think she's just correcting him but not sure it's had to tell

Allthough Cheyanne usally does'nt get along with many dogs she did not try to fight him when we meet him and that's a good sign with her

please give me your opion on this

cali
08-25-2005, 10:35 PM
sounds normal, Misty and Blair are the same way, they will happliy play together and they love eachother but Blair can get rude during play, when he does she stops and corrects him, she is a very policing dog, if Ripley and Perky start getting agitated for example Misty sticks her head in the middle till they calm down.

lv4dogs
08-26-2005, 11:39 AM
I agree w/ cali, my dogs do the same thing.

Den Anne Pen
08-27-2005, 03:24 PM
She will play at the park with him contanly.
While Aspen is chasing his ball :D It just seems wierd because she took to denver + Aspen no problem we did get denver when he was young though 3 mths and Phoenix is alittle older so maybe she just has to correct him more cuz he's more set in his ways kinda i just hope she likes him