PDA

View Full Version : Kind Of Annoyed!

animal_rescue
08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
It's about another dog board I go on, I absolutely love the place, the people are great!! No bashing or rudeness or anything like that!! But the problem is the board is for big dogs only, now being a big dog only board there is a lot of controversy on small dogs, especially chihuahuas. It makes me so upset when I read the ahem "jokes" they make about these dogs such as "throwing a chi through a tire swing" now these people would never do that(nor would they ever hurt a small dog), but it is really sad to see posts like that! They have it in their minds that all little dogs are ankle biters and not good with kids! I know that is not true, Alex loves kids and so do most of the fosters that come in to our house! Marty doesn't really like kids but he's not "vicious". Oy it's really sad!

crsvstang
08-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I can understand you being annoyed. I hate when people, say little dogs are squeak toys or ankle biters. Sounds like they really don't understand how special little dogs can be also.

luvofallhorses
08-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I am a big dog person but small dogs don't bother me. I hate breedism, really I do!! :rolleyes: :( :mad:

king2005
08-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Thats is sad :(

Thats why when I made my dog board I wanted to inclued all dogs, mutts, & hybrids.

Personally I'm not a big fan of smaller dogs, but I know others love them just like I love large dogs.

RobiLee
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I hate when people talk bad about any kind of dog. I don't understand a forum like that. I especially can't stand to hear people talking about harming an animal. I guess they aren't true dog lovers.

vinjashira
08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
people do stereotype I'm afraid.

my instructor said Snowy has a good temperaments not like typical Jack Russells that likes to nip at everybody.. er... excuse me... most Jack Russells I know have great temperaments.. that's why I decided to have one :D

eventhough I've only had small and medium breeds (and mix breeds) I actually like the big ones and my favourite breed is GSD.

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
That's so ignorant! Even though I prefer big dogs, I love all dogs and enjoy being around any size of dog. There are too many forums for you to waste your time there! ;)

dogzr#1
08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Aww that is soo mean. I have a chihuahua and he is nothing but a little Prince. We dress him up and treat him like a little baby. He truly lives up to his name. I hate breedism like luvofallhorses said. Uhh I am soo mad right now just by hearing what you said.