PDA

View Full Version : photobucket resizing?

lv4dogs
08-22-2005, 08:41 AM
I just started to use photbucket & I am pleased with everything except the re-sizing.

It only gives you the option of resizing it to 25, 50 or 75% of the original size. All of which are smaller than what I like. I think maybe like a 10-15% would be great.

Does anyone know if you can customize the size you want?

Or what size does everyone else resize to on photobucket?

Thanks pt'ers!

cloverfdx
08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
I resize before uploading to photobucket, i find it much easier ;).

sirrahbed
08-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I resize mine first too. I use Paint Shop Pro and resize to 500 pixels width.:) Your camera probably gave you some graphic software to resize also.
I don't like the resize options in photobucket either.

Randi
08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
I too resize mine first, I use Photoshop. If you have a PC, you may have PhotoEditor on it, or some other programme. Remember also to put the resolution down to 72 dpi if that is possible.

Good luck! :)

lv4dogs
08-22-2005, 09:26 AM
haha. I appreciate your help but I am computer illiterate. lol

I've never had to resize anything before with any other site. I have a kodak easy share camera & it came with the kodak easy share software.
I wonder since I never had to resize on any other site if it is just photobucket that makes them larger? Or if I really should re-size them first, on the kodak software?

I guess I'm off to try to figure out how to do it.
If yous can wish my computer stupid brain luck I'd appreciate it! LOL

emily_the_spoiled
08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I resize using Photobucket and not a PC software program. I usually find that a 50% reduction will give a nice picture that fits into PT (the important place). Unfortunately I have never tried to customize the sizing feature.