PDA

View Full Version : Bird Watching....

yumyum6970
03-04-2002, 02:27 PM
A month ago I bought my babies a bird feeder for the huge window that is in front of our house. Their cat tree sits right
in the middle of it so they can watch all the things that go on during the day while we are at work. Well, yesturday, my
little Yum Yum had her hind legs on the cat tree pad and then
her front legs were leaning on the window. I have the bird feeder about middle ways of the window and she was trying
to stretch as far as she could to get at this little bird who was
feeding at the feeder. She jumped up at the bird and tried to attack it and fell in the blinds. It was so funny at the time. Needless to say she did not hurt herself or the bird. :D
The birdfeeder has become very entertaining. Everyone should get one if they don't have already! : )

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

K & L
03-04-2002, 02:40 PM
You're so right! It is very entertaining. We have one setup for our cats and they'll be lined at the arcadia door watching.

Logan
03-04-2002, 02:47 PM
Isn't that fun? Does he do the little chatter thing to go along with it?

Years ago, I lived in an apartment and would feed the birds and hummingbirds on my balcony. Shrimp Boat would sit by the door, tail twitching and eyes glaring, just watching those birds, and she would chatter out loud. :) Nowadays, I don't encourage the birds to come here, and I miss them, but my Honey is too quick and will snatch a bird in a heartbeat, plus, both of my cats go outside, so it would be cruel for me to encourage them to come here.

Logan

yumyum6970
03-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Oh..Yum Yum doesn't chatter but her sister Dutchess does. It was strange for us to hear it cause we have never heard it before. You can put a bell on your cats collar and that will let the birds know they are being attacked. That is what we did for Yum Yum and it works too. :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Former User
03-04-2002, 03:10 PM
We can't do that bird thingy, but all the little bugs that fly by our windows or stop by to rest on the window, are getting a chatters from Casper and Kitty :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
03-04-2002, 03:17 PM
When we had our bird feeder filled (we have a balcony and all the lose bird seed drops to the lower apartment...poor doggy!) they would go wild!! They LOVE to watch the birds and anything that moves outside the window.

Noel sits in the window sill and watches the world go by during the day...and taunts the dog below...:)

tuxluvr
03-04-2002, 05:24 PM
"Birds at feeder" is one of Ritz's favorite soap operas at the big wide screen tv (aka, patio doors)...when we filled the feeder the first winter we had Ritz, she got so excited once she charged headlong into the glass wall....OUCH....now, she just watches and chatters and twitches

tuxluvr
03-04-2002, 05:29 PM
So close, yet so far away