PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

catnapper
08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I am starting a new fundraiser for One By One. Its going to upset a few foster moms - I am already aware of it, but the bank is low and we have cats with medical needs.... the fundraiser is a "raffle" where kids can buy a ticket and write down a suggestion of a cat name. I will update them if their name is chosen by sendding them a photo of the cat via email to the parents. Email ONLY. Most likely, it'll be a short quick note and a link to Petfinder.

Anyhow, thats the basics of the fundraiser. I am sure it'll evolve as we go along. I am thinking only a few cats per year will be named from this raffle because of foster moms wanting to name their own kittens. I understand that... I myself have two fosters with names I am not overly fond of. I need to get together a raffle signup sheet and figure out how to tell all the foster moms how this works. Like I said, I'm just telling people its a raffle and when/if their child's suggestion gets used, they'll hear about it.

But, the purpose of all this rambling is to ask how much each raffle ticket shold cost. 50 cents is reasonable for the moms to spend. I'd like to get $1, but does that sound too much?

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can present this to both foster moms and moms who might let their kids suggest names?

I am making a poster to have on the table at adoption events. So far, just pictures of kittens and wording along the lines of "help us name the kittens!" I ask for suggestions and then have a heading for how much the raffle tickets cost for each suggestion.

catmandu
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
I THINK,THAT A DOLLAR,WOULD BE QUITE REASONABLE,TO EVEN LAY PEOPLE,WHO DO NOT LOVE CATS,THE WAY,THAT WE DO.
I PAY,THAT,FOR TICKETS,AT THE ANIMAL WELFARE BAZAAR!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos159.jpg

jenluckenbach
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
I think with today's prices and what kids receive in allowances and all, asking $1 for a charity is a good lesson for them.

I also have somewhat of a suggestion.....does this make sense to you? You could advertise that out of every 20 tickets sold, one will be chosen. Or something like that.

I personally LOVE to select names, but most of most of the cats are given stupid awful names anyway, so what does it really matter??? I just refuse to foster cats with hideous names :p

catfamily
08-19-2005, 06:40 PM
A dollar is not asking too much.Good luck with everything:)

Craftlady
08-19-2005, 07:56 PM
$1 is great
$5 gets you 4 tickets (they buy4 get 1 free ticket)

NoahsMommy
08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh...I agree with Craftlady...great idea!

I like your naming idea! Good luck...I hope it proves very successful. :)

sandragonfly
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
sounds not too bad. I think $1 is great for kids. I thought the same with craftlady but $5, get five and one free because you know how often they (parents) have five bills on them.

how are you gonna do raffle? like set up one day or you just set it up somewhere, and sell raffles daily?

whatever you do, good luck!